X

motor won't turn over, need help :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor won't turn over, need help :(

finished installing the "new to me" motor yesterday, but can't get it to turn over. i'm thinking it's an electrical problem 'cause i can't get the starter to make a noise either. all i get is clicking from the starter relay. do i have a short somewhere in the wiring? the starter is the starter off my old motor, so i know it works fine. i checked the battery and it's fully charged. i touched the ground terminal on the starter itself and it was very hot, as was the relay. any suggestions are appreciated

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Whats up dude! Been awhile.
    A ground will get hot if it's not getting a good connection. The relay may be bad. If you don't get it going by this week shoot me a PM or call me and I may be able to get up your way and give you a hand.

Comment

cool, thanks man! i'm hoping to have it going asap. i've spent all weekend on this swap, and finally the weather's perdy so i'm itching to ride lol

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Did you make sure the battery is fully charged??

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Re: motor won't turn over, need help

Originally posted by takirb
          i checked the battery and it's fully charged.
          I'm thinking yes . Not sure what to tell you . I'd guess it was a wiring thing , and I'd run a wire from the battery to the starter to make sure it WILL still spin . But that's just what I'd do ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

update:
            got it running. i took the fuel tank and carbs back off, and removed the ground connection on the starter itself. sanded it down, as well as the ground terminal ring for the battery. it didn't fire right up, but that must've been the problems with it not turning over. i've now since got it running, so i'm gonna post more about it when i get my pics downloaded thanks for the help guys! it's great to be riding again!!

Comment

What type of engine did you throw in it?
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

i ended up having to use a kat 750 motor ('92). the guy got as far as wrapping the gixxer motor and said he realized there were water lines, so it must've been a liquid-cooled motor rained on my parade.

Comment

Originally posted by takirb
                  i ended up having to use a kat 750 motor ('92). the guy got as far as wrapping the gixxer motor and said he realized there were water lines, so it must've been a liquid-cooled motor rained on my parade.
                  Is he sure they were water lines, and not Oil Cooler lines??
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

i think he realized he could get alot more for the motor than what he was asking, so he changed his mind. he had already sent the refund before he talked to me about the motor being wrong. i can't argue with that, but he could've saved me 3 weeks of waiting...

Comment

Working...
                    X