• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another idle Q

92 Kat wont idle

Am going to put techron cleaner in tomorrow

how do i adjust the idle?

if i take it to a shop to get the carbs cleaned/synched, how much will i be out?
    Attached Files

dude there is an idel adjustment screw somewhere by the carbs, probably under the carbs on the left side, try turning that to raise the idel

Comment

thanks

Comment

When you are sitting on the bike, the adjustment is located just inside the fairings by your left knee.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

alss take the bike out for a 15 min drive to warm it up and get the right adjustment. dont just start it up and start turning the screw.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          Lean in Lean out.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
          2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
          2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
          2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

To answer the part about taking it to have the carbs cleaned, etc.. It may cost you around 200.00 or so, depending on your dealers labor pricing and how bad they are fouled. My cost me 250.00 last summer.

Comment

Wow , costed me about $80 . I took them just the carbs , too .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

on my 97 the idle screws behind the left hand frame rail in the big opening in the farings. you could clean the carbs yourself after messing with mine. i realize how easy it is once you dig in. least for me

Comment

If you don't have the tank and fairings off they will charge you alot to take everything apart and put it back together. Labor costs kill.

Comment

thanks

thanks guys...

my kat must have been sitting for a long time i guess. the techron cleaner actually keeps it at a low idle for about 2-3 seconds more than before.

i tried to adjust the idle to no avail

im taking it to my shop to see if he can improve it without doing a whole 200 carb sync, because i am sure as hell not taking off all the parts...i have no tools, no garage. i park on the street in LA.[/code]

Comment

Re: thanks

Originally posted by cyrus91kat
                      thanks guys...

my kat must have been sitting for a long time i guess. the techron cleaner actually keeps it at a low idle for about 2-3 seconds more than before.

i tried to adjust the idle to no avail

im taking it to my shop to see if he can improve it without doing a whole 200 carb sync, because i am sure as hell not taking off all the parts...i have no tools, no garage. i park on the street in LA.
                      If you are due for a valve adjustment (i.e. - major service), have it done at that time -- it should either be included (some nicer shops) or only about $20 - $25 more (typically), as everything else already has to come out of the way to do the valve adjustment.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                      X