X

Tire Mount and Balance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Mount and Balance

Are motorcyle tires balanced while mounted? I have never seen a motorcycle wheel with wheel weights on it so I was just curious as to if they are balanced and if they are, how? Anybody know??
    Thanks

The tires are mounted then balanced. I've read some tires come "pre balanced" from the facvtory, but right now I can't remember the brand name mentioned.

Mojo uses a powdered weight that rides inside the tire, I happen to have tire weights on mine from when they were mounted on the inside of the "rim".
    Kyle

Comment

how do they balance them though stick on wheel weights or what?

Comment

they (tires) have a yellow dot to align with the stem - then use sticky weight or clip weight that go on the center lip of the rim.

tim

Comment

Wheel weights is what most use. Just throw them on the balancer make the adjustments and recheck to make sure it's good.
          Kyle

Comment

Stick on weights are what you should use on aluminum wheels if you don't want chips...

Yes, motorcycle tires need to be balanced on the wheel just like with a car.
            -Steve

Comment

Since I don't have the ridge for the weights to clip on. I get the mechanics to turn the tire on the rim until balanced.

Bike is sold

Comment

wow speede, I'd have to charge you up the a$$ or laugh at you if you wanted me to keep spinning the tire on the rim till it zero'd out, thats nuts

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                  wow speede, I'd have to charge you up the a$$ or laugh at you if you wanted me to keep spinning the tire on the rim till it zero'd out, thats nuts
                  Worth it though. Can't stand the look of stick on weights.
                  Bike is sold

Comment

I wonder if that stuff Mojoe has been using would be the more sensible route for you spedee.
                    Kyle

Comment

Working...
                    X