X

My CARBS are CRAZY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CARBS are CRAZY

Hello my name is Jay I have a 92 GSX 600F it is my first bike, I paid $200 for her and I love to death. The engine and everything else is good with good compression and power. The person I bought it from said that I need clean the carbs and new plugs. My friend has a bike repair shop and we cleaned the carbs together set the air screw to 2.5 and she is running RICH especially cylinders 2 and 3 cylinders 1 and 4 are keeping the bike running. cylinders 2 and 3 foul the plugs very quickly. tried synchronizing but that didnt help at all. My friend says I need new carbs and i dont think so I have never been this lost on anything, I am good with my hands and LOVED the thread about CARBS 101. I also put new O rings on the float assembly any help will be appreciated!!!!

Have you checked the float heights carefully. Also check for worn emulsion tubes, as this will make it run rich. You can increase the float height by 1mm, this will lean the mixture off slightly. Best of luck!

Comment

ha. I need someone to go through my carbs fully as well. I think I am having similar issues.
      Roops Photography|facebook|
      03 GSXR 1000
      04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
      Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

It sounds like the float heights are off.

-Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

TRH1 and steves hit it I think on the nose. Float heights and bad emolsion tubes

Comment

MY CARBS are CRAZY

OK fellas thanks for the good advice I recieved that link and that was COOL my friend. I am still a little CONFUSED about setting my float height and I dont want to seem like a dumbass but my emulsion tubes are the copper tubes on the side???? How do I go about cleaning the tubes???
            Do I need to readjust my idle/air screws they are at 2.5, A mechanic told me I need my carbs COMPLETELY stripped and gone through for $400 please tell me that I can fix these myself.
            I love this site I never had a clue kats can look so GOOD and have so many options and that there are people on here that know more about these bikes than suzuki.

Comment

400 is steep. Yes you can do it your self. If you want someone on the forum to do it for you for a LOT less there is that option too.

Comment

are you referring to me?

Comment

*cough* yup *cough*

Comment

I will DEFINITELY take ANY and all help you may be offereing or wisdom. These carbs are crazy bro, I am ready to ride the weather is nice here in Nashville Tn.

Comment

Katana emulsion tubes are plastic, not copper so far as I know.
                      The problem you described indicated an issue with float height.

Hard starting/stalling at idle would be a dirty pilot circuit.

Loss of power mid-high rev range would be dirty mains.

Set the float heights, and have the carbs synch'd and then see where you are. http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/trinc/sync.htm

Doug also links to the factory pro site which has much more information on carb tuning.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

THANK YOU FRIEND I appreciate the HELP I am on my way to the garage to pull the carbs you guys are the **** !!!!!!!!! I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                        X