Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by trinc
    here's my first run w/ sniffer
    Note that the dyno operator (someone I trust quite well -- a mechanical engineers by degree, and former investment analyst turned MMI mechanic) said that although 14.7 was theoretical perfect burn, DynoJet's tuning (both in their jetkits and fine-tuning on the dyno) always targets an idealized 13:1 air-fuel ratio as being optimal for power performance... I was rather amazed at that statement, thinking they would target a 13.8 to 14.2 range... but in retrospect, shooting for 13 should keep it from going too lean (i.e. - above 14.7) even in the worst scenario (high-rpm, shut-throttle decelleration) to keep the engine cooler and more ready to respond to fresh throttle inputs.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    on that run i was running the clip in position 2 and a 120 main jet.
    since i've raised the needle to 3rd position and went to a 118 main.

i really need to make another run one of these days ! they are really busy building race motors & the owner crashed at the track so they are super busy now

tim

Comment

EDR?

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
        14.7 is neer sea level and anywhere else will be higher. Thus the reason my bike runs richer now than it did in Arizona. Arizona is at sea level in Phoenix or damn close and at 14.7 a pre 98 750 or mine ran 97 hp.
        what kind of exaust do you have on there?? with that combo to make 97hp it seems everyone else is down in the 80's. i'm at 867ft. or thats what the airport says the elevation is here that should be lower that pheonix or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          EDR?

tim

Comment

Tokalosh - so how much did they charge for the rejetting and dyno?

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
              Oh, I was actually implying....Wow, you take it to EDR?

Comment

Originally posted by lu6an
                Tokalosh - so how much did they charge for the rejetting and dyno?
                It came to £140.00. I think it was reasonable considering that it was pulled apart 4 times and spent most of the day on the Dyno.

Tokalosh

Comment

Originally posted by 01Katman
                  Originally posted by THAZKAT
                  14.7 is neer sea level and anywhere else will be higher. Thus the reason my bike runs richer now than it did in Arizona. Arizona is at sea level in Phoenix or damn close and at 14.7 a pre 98 750 or mine ran 97 hp.
                  what kind of exaust do you have on there?? with that combo to make 97hp it seems everyone else is down in the 80's. i'm at 867ft. or thats what the airport says the elevation is here that should be lower that pheonix or close to it.
                  That is on a pre98, 93 to be exact, 750 and so stock the air/fuel mixture caps were still in place.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X