X

Got my Factory Pro in today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdumont View Post
    Guess what I just bought.... should be here later this week...

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/syncpro/
    LOL Well, the offer stands if you cant wait. Anyhow, Im at the new Lowes on Route 5, Where Apex was, by the malls. Will be there tommorow and off till Saturday of this week. Tommorows gonna be crappy but the rest of the weeks a posibility for ok riding. I'm in the building materials/lumber part of it. I'll be out by 6 pm. Good choise BTW on the Motion Pro
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

So far so good, been running VERY well for two days now. Been taking it on little trips in the neighborhood since its not registered yet. Im gonna get new plugs, wires, and air filter from Ayers tonight maybe. I guess I can try to snip the ends of the plug wires first though...couldnt hurt right?
      1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Nope, And get the damned thing registered. Beware, the cops have stepped it up a lot the last few days, Especially state. I got pulled over today while for once doing the actual speed limit. State cop said he pulled me over cause I was weaving a bit in my lane. I asked him if he ever rode a motorcycle? He said no. By this point I was ****ed and told him to give me the damn ticket so I could be on my way. He gave me my stuff back and said to drive more carefully. I left more ****ed then I was when I got pulled over.

Its not worth getting your stuff towed for a reason, Just get that overwith.

Where you getting just wires from? I made my own with stranded copper core spark plug wire. Didnt know they sold just the wire for a Kat.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Not sure yet, i see on Ayers and Bike bandit they sell just a spool of wire. I think I can just match up the thickness right (mm)?

How did you do it? Did you use those NGK splicers?
          On another note, I had to cancel my motion pro order, I forgot I had to make a payment on my new bed this week so the gauge will have to wait another week or so.

I kicked my buddy out who was living here when you came by and my GF moved in a couple of months ago, gotta keep her happy ya know.

Not sure yet, i see on Ayers and Bike bandit they sell just a spool of wire. I think I can just match up the thickness right (mm)?

How did you do it? Did you use those NGK splicers?
          On another note, I had to cancel my motion pro order, I forgot I had to make a payment on my new bed this week so the gauge will have to wait another week or so.

I kicked my buddy out who was living here when you came by and my GF moved in a couple of months ago, gotta keep her happy ya know.
          Last edited by jdumont; 04-09-2008, 03:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

I had went to a local mechanic that had rolls of different types of spark plug wires down in warwick. I found one that was copper core and just replaced the entire thing from the coil to the plug.

Comment

Nice, and how did you do that? You reused all the plastic clips from the coils and plug end? I tried that on the other bike but broke two then quit. However, this bike I have now seems to have been stored correctly in its life. All the wiring and internals are very clean and not weathered at all.

Do you remember what diameter wire you got?
              Sorry for all the ?'s

Comment

Off hand I did not notice the wire size. BTW, yes I did reuse the clips. Initially when I took them apart, the prongs wouldnt stab deep enough into the rubber to seat well, but eventually I got it in, Once it sat on the bike long enough, it seated in just fine. I think I might have a set of wires for it also if I look around. Which do you need? the # 2 cylinder correct?

I'll check tommorow and see if I have one around, if so, I'll pop over and drop it in the mailbox or mailslot or hang it from your door knob LOL

I remember the street but not the house number, drop me the number in mail or on here. I just checked old mail and its no longer in the mailbox.
                Last edited by Newbie2it; 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

7mm, thats the wire diameter.

Comment

7mm ok... Hey you dont have to do that.... but if you REALLY want to its 148 (second house in on the left), LOL..... thanks so much for all the help man.
                    Some day ill be able to return the favor. Not sure when you would come by but ill be home outside under the Jeep at 4:00 today. Gotta fix an inner tie rod...

Comment

Working...
                    X