X

Engine counds like its in a tin can

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine counds like its in a tin can

Well...I did lay this bike down with only 300 miles on it and i have just hit 600 today. After replacing the handlebar, foot peg and doing an oil change(starter cover was cracked) its running again, but sounds really bad. I tightened the chain today(thanks cyberpoet for posted info) but Its MUCH louder than it ever was and I just cant trust the dealer I bought it from. They are very unreputable. Not really sure who to take it to...But I know this engine needs to be looked at

The manual says the valves should be adjusted at 600 miles, when they are out of adjustment does it sound like your engne is running inside beer can?
    If you dont get free tacos out of the deal then keep walking.

thats a strange way to put it. Does it sound like a sewing machine?

Comment

uh

i think of a sewing machine as a steady repetative constant sound...a steady hum so to speak...this is more like ... not that.

just went out and started it. Ahem..it kinda does click like a sewing machine!

Comment

yeah, it's the valves no doubt in my mind.

Comment

gsxf

thanks

I wish my dealer wasnt such a pile of dung. They want $550 to do the valves and change the oil. Might have to bribe someone from work to do it with me so I dont f em up.

I think the only tool id have to buy is a feeler guage...

Comment

Originally posted by iseeinyou View Post
            I think the only tool id have to buy is a feeler guage...
            Thats going to depend on what motor you have and valves. Theres two types.. Screw valves.. feeler is fine there, then theres shim, If its shim.. find another dealer
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X