X

Areas to clean in carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Areas to clean in carbs

Hey I did a search but couldnt find any detailed info.

I am cleaning my carbs today as the bike sat a year. I ran carbh cleaner through it but it still runs a bit rough.

The dealer told me to just take the bottoms off and unscrew the large jet on the bottom.

Do you know if this is good enough or should I take the tops off too.

I have rebuilt plenty of four barrels but these are a bit different and I dont want to have to do it over and over. Also if you know of any things NOT to touch because springs will fly or seals may break then please tell me.

If you know of any tuts out there with pics please let me know.

Also I dont want to buy a manual as most of you suggest because I am selling the bike once I get her up to par. Plus there is a ton of info between all of you that I feel im in good hands and im not faint of heart just a newb at motorcycle mechanics.

PS the bike is a 2001 600 katana.

Going to get carb cleaner now and some new bolts for the bowls as suzuki but the originals on INCREDIBLY tight and I had to easy out a couple screws...........SCARY!!! LOL I was bitting my lip hoping I didnt snap off a head, but all went well and there all loosend and waiting for better hex head bolts.

make sure that when you spray into the pilot jets that it is flowing out of the small orifices on the front and back of the butterflys. also make sure that the floats are set right Im sure that someone will post the specs for you. you will also need to count the number of turns for the mixture screws before you take them out. there will be a spring, washer and an O ring under them make sure that you take them out before you start with the carb cleaner or else they may swell. DO NOT clean the diaframs on the tops of the carbs with carb cleaner. they will also swell untill they dry outand you womt beable to put them back together for a day or two. basicly dont spray anything rubber. If there is anything I forgot im sure that someone else will chime in soon.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Is there a exploaded diagram of the carbs anywhere you know of??? Thanks for answering so fast!!!

Comment

PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Damn that is a long link

Harley Davidson

Comment

TY Just got back from the fastner store and got some sweet allen head hardened screws for the bowls

Comment

Working...
            X