X

DIY Fender Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Fender Eliminator

Has anyone done a DIY fender eliminator? I've been looking at the parts on my kat and really think I can do it with maybe $3 worth of parts. If someone's done it already no sense in trying to re-invent the wheel, right? I'll write up a how-to for it when I'm done, if anyone's interested.

I know a few people here have. Corey built one for Bonestrosity, and he is going to build one for me. But we also have a full shop. I think you can just get the parts from any local hardware store. Just get some aluminum or any other easily bendable L Brackets, and screw one into the plastic, and the other for the plate. WALAA!
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

That's basically what I was thinking.

The bracket that the plate mounts to on the 98+ Kat's is detachable from the fender, so I was thinking I could probably just use some L brackets to attach that directly under the tail using the fender mounting location. then use another pair of L brackets to break off from the bolts holding the plate to the frame for the turn signal mounts. Does that sound right?

Comment

^sounds about right to me. i did the same for my bike..spent about $2.00 something
        Hello World.

Comment

i made mine out of aluminum - but just bought some new lights so i'm going to make another one.

i'll shoot some pics of it.

tim

Comment

Working...
          X