X

slight hesitation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight hesitation

I have had this problem ever since I have had my bike rejetted. Off the line up to 3k it has a slight hesitation, after 3k it takes of how can I adjust this?
    Joe
    sigpic

Can you describe your hesitation? Sort of no power and then WHAM?!

Check your float height. Also, did you just install a jet kit or did they change the pilot jets, too?
    -Steve

Comment

Which brand of jetkit?
      Any popping on decelleration (I.E. - doing 6k RPM and then release the throttle control)?

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sounds like a transition problem from one jet to the next...

Comment

It is hard to describe it is like something holding back not full power and then boom smooth as silk, ever since I had the dyno jet kit put in it did this I need to meet up with Cyber so we can adjust it . When I take off real slow it is not a problem but when I want to go a little bit it bogs slightly till 3k. And if I come off the line full throttle I dont feel it at all.
          Joe
          sigpic

Comment

vaccum leak possibly?

Comment

My guess is the pilot screw settings are slightly off or there's some fuel residue in the passages. A lot of firms produce jetkits for an average "altitude" (and sometimes for specialty fuels, such as California's oxygenated fuels or winter fuels up north) and those of us living right at sea level with constant summer fuels need to tweak as a result.

I'll be happy to dig into it, although without an exhaust analyzer I suspect that I'll be unable get it straightened out on the first pass (tweak, test, tweak, test, etc).

PS - Ivan's kit kicks K&N's butt!

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X