X

idle speed for a warmed over kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle speed for a warmed over kat

What would you guys think the idle speed should be for a kat with gsx-r cams and rockers?
    1989 Suzuki Katana 750

uhhh, find out what a stock gsxr is that would be your best bet seeing as its almost hte same motor just a different stroke. also hte kat should be around 1100 stock so figure more lift and duration from the cams so maybe a lil higher??

Comment

Set it to 4000 so that you have all the power straight off the line 8) j/k

The Haynes says 1200 +/- 100 for GSXR 750 91-92, 1100 +/- 100 for the 85-90 if it's of any help.
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
        Set it to 4000 so that you have all the power straight off the line 8) j/k
        That's what all the GP racer bikes are set to -- for that reason, too

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

adjust it till it sounds right, thats how we Suzuki certified techs do it!

Comment

Mine sits around 1500 and it is a 89 750 Kat. It was set up for drag racing when I bought it. So set it somewhere around 1500 and you will be fine. If mine is set lower it runs like crap.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Odd , mine's set at around 11-1200 .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                Mine sits around 1500 and it is a 89 750 Kat. It was set up for drag racing when I bought it. So set it somewhere around 1500 and you will be fine. If mine is set lower it runs like crap.
                That's odd... sounds like someone did some tinkering and as a result the stock idle circuits aren't working ideally.

Question: your ride profile says you're running a stage 2 jetkit... who offered a stage 2 for that engine? I thought the various vendors offered only stage 1 & 3 for the '89 Kat 750... (DynoJet is 1 & 3; Factory Pro is 1, 1.1 [titanium] & 3). Curious...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mine does run better when it is a bit higher than 1100. 1500 sounds a bit too much, I need new spark plugs before I can fully test because I fouled them when I added a bit too much oil in the spark plug holes before i started it. It runs good when it is cool/cold, but once it warms up it wants to die sometimes.
                  1989 Suzuki Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                  X