X

Bar Ends Stuck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Ends Stuck

I bought some pretty new bar ends from my kat but I cant get the OEM ones off. They stuck on there real good. I put all my force into that screw and all I got outta it were some metal shavings. I tried covering them in WD 40 and still nothin.. anybody got ideas? Next Im goin with a monkey wrench and a hammer but id love to try someone nicer before it comes to that.
    sigpic"No good decision was ever made from a swivel chair." General George S. Patton

U.S. ARMY

Go buy an impact driver, the kind you smash with a hammer. That was the ONLY way I could get mine off.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Comment

Hey Arsenic speak of the devil.. I hear your the one to ask about power mods. I got an 03 kat 600 and all I have is a two brothers m5 exhaust.. Can ya tell me what to do to bump up the speed/power. I wanna get a jet kit but I dont know how to tell if ones been installed already.. and thats about it. What else can I get done.
        sigpic"No good decision was ever made from a swivel chair." General George S. Patton

U.S. ARMY

Comment

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Originally posted by Cas_One View Post
          Hey Arsenic speak of the devil.. I hear your the one to ask about power mods. I got an 03 kat 600 and all I have is a two brothers m5 exhaust.. Can ya tell me what to do to bump up the speed/power. I wanna get a jet kit but I dont know how to tell if ones been installed already.. and thats about it. What else can I get done.
          I can give you all the advise you want, PM me.
          Last edited by arsenic; 03-20-2008, 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I took that big philips bit that comes with the impact driver and put a socket and ratchet on it and pushed and turned. Could'nt have worked better. Worked like a charm.

Comment

i had a simialr issue but i had an easy fix for it (and i got mine off with no power tools. Just a Vice grip pair of pliars and the phillips screwdriver.

First, Put the bike on the centerstand (or race Stand) you want to do this
              Second, lock on the vice grip on the Bar end itself and insert the screwdriver.
              Third, Twist the Vice grip like you are tightening the bar end bolt (This breaks the Loctite on the Bolt in the Bar) You should hear a small pop.
              Forth, Begin to attempt to unscrew the Bolt. (twist the bar end with the Vice Grips while twisting the Screw driver)

repeat steps three and four till the Bar end comes off then...

repeat for other side...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                i had a simialr issue but i had an easy fix for it (and i got mine off with no power tools. Just a Vice grip pair of pliars and the phillips screwdriver.

First, Put the bike on the centerstand (or race Stand) you want to do this
                Second, lock on the vice grip on the Bar end itself and insert the screwdriver.
                Third, Twist the Vice grip like you are tightening the bar end bolt (This breaks the Loctite on the Bolt in the Bar) You should hear a small pop.
                Forth, Begin to attempt to unscrew the Bolt. (twist the bar end with the Vice Grips while twisting the Screw driver)

repeat steps three and four till the Bar end comes off then...

repeat for other side...

I was thinkin bout doin that next but I didnt wanna mess anything up.. But if youre tellin me its safe for the bike then im down.

U.S. ARMY

Comment

Working...
                X