No announcement yet.
X

for all you exhaust hoes out there

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOD DAMN, he sure watned that exhaust huh?

Comment

I use ebay becuase i like to get things cheap, dahm people like that ruining it for the rest of us

Comment

No kidding . Guess I'll just have to paint mine and be happy with it .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          No kidding . Guess I'll just have to paint mine and be happy with it .
          Get 'em powder coated with exhaust-compatible powder coat (jetcoat or equivilent). Never rust again

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i think i will fix my rusty header problem with some grill paint, those coatings are a good chunk of change arn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerc
              i think i will fix my rusty header problem with some grill paint, those coatings are a good chunk of change arn't they?
              $120 - $160 usually, depending on how much sand blasting needs to be done to get all the rust & paint off, and how much they charge... But the result is that the headers run cooler on the outside, the exhaust speeds up (because it's hotter on the inside) and it should never rust out.

If you're going to go the paint route, do a search for a rust-converter that will change your existing rust into magnetite, a different type of metal (a black metal) that is non-ferrous and won't rust further (plus it has the advantage of being stronger than the mild steel OEM headers are usually made of). Use it as part of the prep process...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well the other idea i had floating around for dressing up my headers was black heat insulating wrap. I have heard it is harder on headers due to cold/hot spots via uneven wrapping. my other concern since i am going nekkid is if it would look decent. I am going for different with everything so far, so perhaps that would be another cool little touch.

-Tyler

Comment

yea, once iget my headers blasted, on goes the white header wrap

Comment

Working...
                  X