X

Shock rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock rebuild

I got an 1100gsxr shock that'll PROBABLY need to be rebuilt (I don't wanna put it on there only to find out I gotta take it off again ) , so I just wanna send it out and get it over with . I checked Racetech's site , and they don't say anything about doing that there . Where you guys get that done ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

unfortunatelly no one can rebuild kayt shocks, they can only be replaced by a new one.

there is a post about a shock being cut open and dis assenbled and there was conversation that you cannot rebuild the shock.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Lean in Lean out.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
    2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
    2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
    2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Re: Shock rebuild

Originally posted by md86
      I got an 1100gsxr shock...
      Originally posted by xbubbax
      unfortunatelly no one can rebuild kat shocks...

Comment

1100gsxr
        1100GSXR? I think you mean GSX1100 (no "R"). It willd definitely need to be replaced, as they stopped making that bike over a decade ago (so the shock has seen better days)... plus it's a non-rebuildable unit for all the years they made the GSX1100 according to RaceTech... That simply means it can't be disassembled -- they can still replace the shock cartridge and check the spring.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

NCRick at Max Suki.com comes highly recommended. I've also heard racetech does a great job. Another option is traxxion.com. Any route you go you won't be disappointed my gixxer shock made a huge difference.
          '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

RaceTech pricing and service page.
            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              1100gsxr
              1100GSXR? I think you mean GSX1100 (no "R"). It willd definitely need to be replaced, as they stopped making that bike over a decade ago (so the shock has seen better days)... plus it's a non-rebuildable unit for all the years they made the GSX1100 according to RaceTech... That simply means it can't be disassembled -- they can still replace the shock cartridge and check the spring.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              No really , it's from a 93 (92-94 somewhere in there) gsx*R* 1100 . Yeah they stopped making the 1100 , but they still have the 600 , 750 , 1000 ... Based on what some people on here have said , it's a good replacement for the Kat shock , but being over ten years old , will probably need rebuilt (which I'm also told IS possible) . Flox , thanks for the link ! I looked all around their site but couldn't seem to find that !
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X