X

Fuel in oil ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel in oil ?

Ok i have a lot of fuel in my oil ,at least a gallon i would say . Could this be a problem with my floats stuck or should I be looking at the petcock first as the culprit ? It was not left in the prime position , it was on run (facing down ) when this happened . I just want to make sure I'm looking at things in the proper order with the most likly suspect . thanks
    Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Originally posted by redpiranha View Post
    Ok i have a lot of fuel in my oil ,at least a gallon i would say . Could this be a problem with my floats stuck or should I be looking at the petcock first as the culprit ? It was not left in the prime position , it was on run (facing down ) when this happened . I just want to make sure I'm looking at things in the proper order with the most likly suspect . thanks
    yes I would say the petcock is the culprit.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Obviously, you'll need to change the oil, and empty the oil cooler. Then change the oil again.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Easy to check the petcock. Just disconnect a hose, with the bike off only a few drops should come out.

Remember that whether the petcock is working right or not, the float valves should not allow the carbs to overfill. The petcock is a precaution.
        Vacuum operated petcocks are fairly new (last 25 years or so. ). So if you got a lot of fuel in your oil. (a gallon!?!?! holy crap) the petcock is bad and the floats need to be checked. Unless this is over a long period of time where just seeping float valve added up to a gallon.

Comment

Hopefully BP as you mentioned in the other thread, No rod damage from biatch slapping the piston into the oil. Hopefully the problem was sitting atop the piston at the time.
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Yes it is Ok , got it up and running last night and all sounds and looks fine.
            Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

howd u fix it?

Comment

Working...
              X