No announcement yet.
X

2006 750 with 0 miles on it stutters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ine more thing to throw into your little bag of knowledge, if the bike, truely has 0 miles on it, the motor nor rings have even seated yet. A new motor or one that was rebuilt needs to be broken in. During the break in, they can and sometimes do act flukey. Compressions aren't up yet ect. Follow your owners manual for the break in proceedure and change your oil often while its breaking in.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I just thought about this, and it more than likely has nothing to do with your problem...but you might want to change the oil in that thing....I'm not sure how the dealers do maintenance on bikes, but if that thing has 0 miles on it, and it's an 06, then that oil is 2 years old. You may want to change that before you start riding around town...
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
        Ine more thing to throw into your little bag of knowledge, if the bike, truely has 0 miles on it, the motor nor rings have even seated yet. A new motor or one that was rebuilt needs to be broken in. During the break in, they can and sometimes do act flukey. Compressions aren't up yet ect. Follow your owners manual for the break in proceedure and change your oil often while its breaking in.
        DO NOT FOLLOW THE MANUAL FOR BREAK IN!!! The manual tells you to break your engine in easy. This is out dated information. Beat the pizz out of that, Your engine needs to be run in hard.
        Last edited by arsenic; 03-11-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

LOL Well, I didnt want to say it that way, But the motor does need to get broken in either way (Rings seated), before passing judgment on its performance
          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Comment

airplanes have been doing this for years. After a rebuilt they take them out and put them under a heavy load and go up and down the runway a few time... take a break then keep doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                DO NOT FOLLOW THE MANUAL FOR BREAK IN!!! The manual tells you to break your engine in easy. This is out dated information. Beat the pizz out of that, Your engine needs to be run in hard.
                Myself, and a few of my friends that own 2 gsxr's, a cbr and an fz6 all followed the break in procedure in the manual and their bikes are all doing fine. In fact one of the gsxrs and the fz6 have over 20k miles on them....
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                  Myself, and a few of my friends that own 2 gsxr's, a cbr and an fz6 all followed the break in procedure in the manual and their bikes are all doing fine. In fact one of the gsxrs and the fz6 have over 20k miles on them....

the "manufacturer" always has to give the "safest" advice. If they told you to ride it hard and it didn't work because the operator did something bad they could be sued/have to replace the engine. The alternative would be to break the engines in at the factory but then that would take $$$ so they don't. So the companies tell the general public what is the "safest" option for them that is the most cost effective.

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
                    I'm sure you're bikes are doing fine reconstyle, I didn't say they wouldn't. In order to seat the ring properly the engine needs to be run in hard. So, by following the manual you have broken in your engine with very weak ring seating, congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
                      ahh leave it to BP to ask the good troubleshooting questions....
                      Well thanks I must have had my head up my butt to have read so much sarcasm in there
                      New York to canada though? hmmm doesn't seem like far...but NYC is at Sea level.....and dude may live on top of a HUGE snow drift in Canada.....+1 for BP
                      That is about the only way. The elevation is only a few hundred meters above sea level.

Comment

Working...
                      X