X

No Fire!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Fire!!!

So I got the thing put back together, but now it won't start...

Fuel issue?

I don't have the tank back on, but I was shooting a little starter fluid into the carbs, and it sounds like it wants to start, but won't fire up.

What do I try next???
    Daniel Velasquez
    Bad Mojo Customs
    [email protected]

Honestly put the tank on and give it some gas and see if you still have the problem. Then once you know that it won't start even with fuel, work the problem from there, checking the plugs, spark etc.

Comment

no fire

I thought of that, but if it won't start with starter fluid, it won't start with gas either would it? I don't wanna finish putting the bike together just to take it apart again...

I've checked spark, by pulling the #1 plug and chcking it to the frame, and it seems to be sparking, but it looks weak... then again, I'm not sure that I've got the wires going to the right poles on the ignition coils...??? I have orange and white on one side, and orange and black on the other... but I don't think I would be getting ANY spark if they weren't hooked up right?

Any insight would be good.

Daniel Velasquez
      Bad Mojo Customs
      [email protected]

Comment

First just cause it wont fire on starter fluid does not mean it will not fire with gas. Reason is cause may not be enough going in, could be too much, may not be enough into all 4 or at least 3. I run into it at work every now and then.

Second you say weak spark. Describe. Spark should jump an inch gap and be blue in color as a rule of thumb

Third the coils sound hooked up correctly to me. one orange to each and then the different colors to each. One coil is plugs 1 and 4 , the other is 2 and 3 . If not firing properly try changing the white one and black one of different coils.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead6979 View Post
          I thought of that, but if it won't start with starter fluid, it won't start with gas either would it? I don't wanna finish putting the bike together just to take it apart again...
          You don't have to put the whole thing back together, just lay the tank on top of the frame and hook up hoses, give it a minute to prime and another to try and reprime the system and line (which I assume have gone dry by now) as well as the bowls.

Comment

These bikes have kinda weak spark anyway. If you are seeing a spark, you are good. Make sure the battery is fully charged, set the tank back on like venture said, then see what you have.

Comment

Fire takes three things: Fuel, oxygen, and ignition. Oxygen is a given, so that leaves ignition (spark) and fuel. Check the plugs to see if you are getting a nice spark.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

The Katana is meant to run on gasoline, not starter fluid. Put the tank on..

Comment

Keep your ears plugged for the backfire too...
                  My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

It wants to start.

So yeah I've got better results from putting the tank back on feeding gas to the carbs.

Thanks everyone!
                    Daniel Velasquez
                    Bad Mojo Customs
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by metalhead6979 View Post
                      So yeah I've got better results from putting the tank back on feeding gas to the carbs.

Thanks everyone!

See! Glad to hear it was just an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
                      X