No announcement yet.
X

More Carb ?'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know of a thread on here with like a pictorial of cleaning the carbs?
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

Yea cyber poet does on motorcycleanchor.com. lemme get that link out.....dooot doooot dooot... ok here's one.... http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto..._tankrust.html and here's the other one...ok i lost it. can anyone help???
      Captain of Squad 11

Comment

thnx
        02' Katana 600
        D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

So I think you guys may have been right about the rust what do you think?
          DSC00728.JPG
          02' Katana 600

Comment

are there any adjustment that the items circled in the picture do or can I just remove them?

DSC00729.JPG
            02' Katana 600

Comment

nope, no adjustment.

Comment

yeah, they're right, you got rust from somewhere.

sure the tank doesnt have rust?

Comment

didnt see any but I could be wrong I wasnt really looking for it. could it have been from cheap gas or maybe rust from gas pump?
                  02' Katana 600

Comment

I guess anything's possible.

Check the top of the tank too?

Comment

well I did pull the everything off the tank.

There is deffinatly a ton of rust in here the second carb was worse than the first.

Do you have to resync the carbs if you pull them off?
                      02' Katana 600

Comment

It's probably a good time to go ahead and sync them anyways since you're bound to upset the setting assuming they were even right at that point.

Comment

yes, anytime you take them off you need to sync them.

Comment

Look into the Por-15 kit and make sure to follow it thoroughly. Oh, and do yourself a favor, give it the right amount of time to cure properly. I remember a thread around here sometime ago, I think they rushed it back together and got some of the epoxy into the carbs. Thats bad. Let it cure, It works best when you follow what the maker really tells you to do

As far as redkote, I had horrible experiences with that in a 72 chevy Impala. I wouldnt use it to paint my fence.
                            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I used Redkote on MY bike , and 2 others . Maybe you guys weren't doing it right .....
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had it done for me via a restoration company. Since the 72 impalas gas tank is almost as big as my katana I let the pro's do it. LOL Didnt have good luck with it. I ran into flaking over time. Went thru many a fuel filter too due to it.

Thats why everyone has preferences. Yours varies from mine. Thats why theres so many different brands of the same item out there.
                                Last edited by Newbie2it; 02-24-2008, 04:00 AM.
                                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X