X

80 GS 750 head bolt torque sequence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 GS 750 head bolt torque sequence

Just tossing this out here to see if anyone has the sequence for an 80 750 GS. I'm refering specifically to the head bolts (12 in all) Not refering to the three other bolts.

If anyone has an order list, it would be appreciated. Had to replace a head gasket on one last night, but dont have the sequence in front of me. (didnt put the head on yet) I'm thinking the order has got to be the same as 88 - 97, but this is a little older and I dont have a manual for it.

Anyone have any info?
    (Assuming torque lb's are the same as newer as well) But that I can look up faster.
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Step 1: check www.thegsresources.com

I have a factory suzuki GS manual at home, but I don't know if it covers the 750. I'll look later today.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Try this page:

Download "Chapter 3 - Servicing Engine". The info you are looking for is on page 69 of 75 (manual page 3-68).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
        Try this page:

Download "Chapter 3 - Servicing Engine". The info you are looking for is on page 69 of 75 (manual page 3-68).

Hope this helps.
        Hiya 80GS750 and thanks. Seems the torque sequence is exact mirror image left/right vs. how mine are, but my guess on the torque lbs was right, 25-29 lbs. That site was perfect for the info.

Thanks agian for the help.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Usually those bolts have a number stamped in the head right next to them. Just follow the sequence and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X