No announcement yet.
X

Gas Mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the way I figure it, if I have to put it on reserve it is time to fill it LOL I actually get about 30 miles per gallon and I am on/off the throttle alot.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Well now I don't feel so bad about MY crappy milage . Been running 89 octane at about 37 mpg . Last couple tanks have been 93 , and getting about 32-33 mpg .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        Well now I don't feel so bad about MY crappy milage . Been running 89 octane at about 37 mpg . Last couple tanks have been 93 , and getting about 32-33 mpg .
        Because there is actually less power per gallon in high octane... think of octane as a stabilizer and it starts to make more sense; the more explosive compound contains more go...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Aramis
          My 1995 750 is playing tricks on me as far as the sender is concerned...

On a full tank, the needle is at full, but when it hits the beginning of the red area, i usually start feeling nervous, and stop for gas, but only to find that its still about half full (or half empty, you choose)

So, I've come to understand that the red portion is not the reserve, it's part of the regular tank.

Maybe you're doing that too...

Aramis
          that is how my 1999 600 has too. Just use the gas gauge as a basis, you should still reset your trip every time you fill up so you have a better idea
          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I'm getting 47 mpg out of regular (87 octane) on
            my 2002 750. But all I'm doing is highway speed commuting, no stop and go.
            I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Wow dude , so check this out . I e-mailed Wiseco about their kit and asked what octane THEY recommened I use , and the guy said "race fuel" . I'll be damned . Weren't exactly forthcoming with the info there ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Wow dude , so check this out . I e-mailed Wiseco about their kit and asked what octane THEY recommened I use , and the guy said "race fuel" . I'll be damned . Weren't exactly forthcoming with the info there ...
                Call the phone number I listed for them... There has to be a better answer.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I guess they just want to cover their asses if you were to have an accident... What's the compression ratio on that kit?
                  - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                    I guess they just want to cover their asses if you were to have an accident... What's the compression ratio on that kit?
                    771cc kit is 13:1
                    813cc kit is 12:1

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X