X

Jetting Question.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting Question.

After putting the bike together,it is evident that i need to rejet the carbs,i am running K&N pods,and modified exhaust,stage 3 is what people are telling me,greatfull for the advice,but i am concered about in town driving,i dont want to sacrifice to much drivability,i also don't drive balls to wall anymore either.Any ideas,or is the stage 3 going to be okay.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

I have the K & N air filter and Hindle pipe and ended up going with the Stage 1 jet kit. Works great and gave the Kat just enough new sprit!
    Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy
      I have the K & N air filter and Hindle pipe and ended up going with the Stage 1 jet kit. Works great and gave the Kat just enough new sprit!
      I have pods on mine,and everything so far points to stage 3,i will see if i get any more posts before i make up my mind,i have a kit coming,just want to make sure,Thanks.

Comment

you probably will only find a stage 1 jet kit.
        with pods you'll probably need to run 1 size larger pilot jets ( not included in the kit ) put the e-clip on the needle a bit richer ( 4th position instead of the 3rd ) and the largest main jet supplied.

i imagine you'll have to increase the floats by a mm or so,
        it will run fine if tuned properly. install everything and put it on a dyno with a sniffer.

i think that a stage 3 is pointless unless you've done motor work.

tim

Comment

The pods won't help. And Trinc is right in that for the 98+ models there is currently no stage 3 kit available. Sell the pods, reinstall the airbox, get a stage 1 from Ivan's, and be happy

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            The pods won't help. And Trinc is right in that for the 98+ models there is currently no stage 3 kit available. Sell the pods, reinstall the airbox, get a stage 1 from Ivan's, and be happy

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            The bike has little room for an air box,this was sacrificed, installing the mono rear end.Does this Ivan have a website,thanks.

Comment

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              He dosent have a 98+ it is an 82 kat.

And I am running a stage three in my ninja and have no problems in town.
              PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
              The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
                The pods won't help. And Trinc is right in that for the 98+ models there is currently no stage 3 kit available...
                He dosent have a 98+ it is an 82 kat.
                My bad... I looked at his 98+ yellow Kat in his avatar and guessed...
                With an '82: pods fine, jetkit from DynoJet or FactoryPro would work then (if they offer them for your year/model).
                Ivan's is at www.ivansperformanceproducts.com, but I would doubt that he has a kit for an '82 yet (can always ask -- if he doesn't, his normally policy is that he'll create on and install it/tune it for your bike for free in exchange for having your bike for a week to ten days while he does this, to give him the development platform).

You may also want to visit http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/ and http://www.thegsresources.com/ which focuses on your older Kat a bit better than KatRiders does...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

some of the older CV's you can get away with 2 steps up on main jet with pods and pipe. I have done in with no problems.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I really should change my avatar,i will get that done this week Thanks for the info,i will contact this Ivan guy and see what he has to say.Stage 3 kits are still avaiable for an 82 kat/gs1000,as i said earlier,the original airbox was sacrificed to install the mono shock,hopefully this was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
                      I really should change my avatar,i will get that done this week Thanks for the info,i will contact this Ivan guy and see what he has to say.Stage 3 kits are still avaiable for an 82 kat/gs1000,as i said earlier,the original airbox was sacrificed to install the mono shock,hopefully this was worth it.
                      Once you come to the hanger, we can take a pic of your bike, and make you a avatar out of it
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Thanks Lou,sounds like a plan,the jets came on sat, but they sent the wrong kit ,i will get it corrected
                        before this weekend.Hopefully all will go well

Comment

Working...
                        X