X

Can I remove this fan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I remove this fan?

Is this fan that runs for what seems like hours after I turn my bike off really necessary? Can I just leave the damn thing off when I put my bike back together this weekend?

Well, being an oil cooled bike I think you'd want it on...but I didn't even know Kats come with a fan.

Comment

It's not a cooling-fan for the engine, kickit... check this thread:

It seems you can safely remove it if you are not over-concerned with hydrocarbons evaporating out into the atmosphere...
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Sweet... that's what I wanted to know.

Comment

If you're removing the fan altogether, sell it or give it to me... I've been trying to track one down for a possible mod.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            If you're removing the fan altogether, sell it or give it to me... I've been trying to track one down for a possible mod.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            It's yours if I can track down an appropriate box and you want to pay for shipping... I may hold on to it for a week or so after I get the bike running again just to make sure there aren't any problems. Not that I don't trust you, but I have a problem with my garage leaking fumes into the house (whose idea was it to put a furnace and the entire core of the ventilation system in the garage, anyways?). I spilled two tablespoons of gas on some cardboard in there and the house smelled for a week before I figured out what it was and removed the offending materials... Additionally, my wife can tell me by smell alone when I've started my motorcycle with the garage door open, even if she's not there when I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
              Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              It's yours if I can track down an appropriate box and you want to pay for shipping... I may hold on to it for a week or so after I get the bike running again just to make sure there aren't any problems. Not that I don't trust you, but I have a problem with my garage leaking fumes into the house (whose idea was it to put a furnace and the entire core of the ventilation system in the garage, anyways?). I spilled two tablespoons of gas on some cardboard in there and the house smelled for a week before I figured out what it was and removed the offending materials... Additionally, my wife can tell me by smell alone when I've started my motorcycle with the garage door open, even if she's not there when I do it.
              Cool. US Post Office will have an appropriately sized Priority Mail box for free (cost is built into their postage) and I'll gladly pay the postage. PayPal if it's cool with you -- just send me a weight (rounded to the next pound up) and I'll get you the $$$.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X