95 Katana 600 exhaust question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Katana 600 exhaust question?

Hey guys,
    does anyone have a pic of the 95 Katana 600 factory exhaust?
    I recently bought one that has a Yoshi pipe on it and I'm trying to figure out if it is a slip-on or complete system? It has a 4 to 1 pipe on it,
    but not sure if it is the real deal or not! I think it is running rich and going to have the carbs checked and I want the right jets in it of course, but I also want to go as big as I can! If someone has a pic could you post it please? Thanks a million for any help!

thanks again,

Fire

The stock exhaust is a 4 to 2 system if that helps.

Comment

I appreciate the tip!

Comment

well if you wanan go as big as you can for your jets in yoru carbs your going ot need some work done to the motor/exhaust, i have 144 jets in my cars and i also have K&N pods, full exhaust (yoshimura) and i drag race it, so when tis pouring that much fule in to the cars, you get some power, but you also loose alot of the rideability that makes the katana such an appealing bike, stage 1 jet kit is perfect no need to go to a 3

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
          well if you wanan go as big as you can for your jets in yoru carbs your going ot need some work done to the motor/exhaust, i have 144 jets in my cars and i also have K&N pods, full exhaust (yoshimura) and i drag race it, so when tis pouring that much fule in to the cars, you get some power, but you also loose alot of the rideability that makes the katana such an appealing bike, stage 1 jet kit is perfect no need to go to a 3
          i respectfully disagree... my bike (750) also has 144 jets w/ K&Ns, along with hi-po coils, advancer, and SS2r pipes... while it does have a substantial powerband on up in the RPMs, i wouldnt say that rideability has been compromised... it still pulls decent from 4K (havent met many I-4 engines that are torque monsters), provided you dont whack open the throttle and expect a rocket... downshifting is another story, though ... IME, though, running jets that big absolutely requires a large air flow and a strong ignition system or plugs WILL be fouled at low revs (and at idle)... i have had a couple of '79-83 DOHC hondas and they are notorious for this, as the stock ignition is weak to start with, and the factory jetting is super lean... YMMV, but i doubt it...
          a

gather 'round, children

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

i was under the impression that if you had full exhaust/pods that you needed the stage three for it to be correctly tuned and ridable again. i don't pretend to know if i am right or not i was just wondering if i made a mistake of getting carbs with a stage 3 on them (full exhaust/modified filter) more input would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by toobalicious
                i respectfully disagree... my bike (750) also has 144 jets w/ K&Ns, along with hi-po coils, advancer, and SS2r pipes... while it does have a substantial powerband on up in the RPMs, i wouldnt say that rideability has been compromised... it still pulls decent from 4K (havent met many I-4 engines that are torque monsters), provided you dont whack open the throttle and expect a rocket... downshifting is another story, though ... IME, though, running jets that big absolutely requires a large air flow and a strong ignition system or plugs WILL be fouled at low revs (and at idle)... i have had a couple of '79-83 DOHC hondas and they are notorious for this, as the stock ignition is weak to start with, and the factory jetting is super lean... YMMV, but i doubt it...
                a
                god damn it, read my post i said you do all that suff you lose the rideability because its fuel economy wil go out the window with that amount of fuel going in to the carbs, and i have different sprockets so i lose a lot of top end power there i went -1+2 so i lost a lot on the top end but i gained a ton down low

Comment

Working...
                X