No announcement yet.
X

differences between 89 750 and 90 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences between 89 750 and 90 600?

I'm looking at picking up one of the two, primarily for the front end and rear wheel (they're going onto my bike, a GS700). What differences are there? Neither one runs, both are missing bodywork, but otherwise they seem to be fairly intact.

I'm only paying $100, so it's worth it even if I don't use anything other than the front end and rear wheel. However, if one is going to be worth more in parts than the other, I'll buy it. The engines appear intact, and turn over but don't start - I can't do any real investigation past that.

thanks
    -Daniel

the 750 seems to sell better? I only sold 600 parts so I really am not a good person to ask.

Comment

Top clamps are a bit different , with the 750 having little rubber dealies sandwiched in there to help keep vibes down (conjecture ) that the 600 lacks . Also , the 600 tree has the clip ons sitting lower . And I THINK the really early ones didn't have the rebound damping adjustment on the forks , but I'm WANTING to say that was the 88 .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comment

The 88 had a different front wheel (or so I've been told), so it would make sense that it had different suspension as well.

Thanks for the advice

Can the 600 bars fit on the 750 without any real modifications? I've got a set of them, so it might make sense to get the 750 just to give me the options.
          -Daniel

Comment

600 bars and top tree go on the 750 just fine, you need the 600 stem screw too.

Did you see my reply in your other post?

Comment

yeah, I saw the reply. thanks.

so you need the 600 top tree in order to use the 600 bars? I've got the bars themselves and the screws, but not an extra triple.
              -Daniel

Comment

Yeah, 600 bars, tree and screw. The screw is longer on the 750. So I guess if you can cut it down you can use the 750 screw. But it is a fine pitch. I wouldn't cut it with anything but a lathe.. If you know what I mean...

Here is the 600 top tree on my 750:
                http://home.grandecom.net/~pyds/gallery_files/dash.jpg

I used Honda CBR bars..

Comment

Working...
                X