X

HELP PLEASE Oil pressure switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE Oil pressure switch

I put down my bike last fall. I fixed all of the body and changed the oil in it. I started it up yesterday and rode it about 10 miles and then the oil light came on. It was about a quart low so I added more oil. The problem is that the oil light is still on. I can see oil pumping through the sight and the level is where it is supposed to be and no leaks. Does any body know where the oil pressure switch is on 99 kat 600? do I have to take the crank cover off tho get to it? Please help. I really am dying to ride. Any other suggestion? Thanks

The switch is located on the right side of the engine under the front cover(ignition advance cover). You dont have to take the crank cover off but you will have to take that one off.
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

It's on the very bottom of the area covered by the cover Slytly mentioned... usually the problem is the wiring, so once you get the cover off, trace the wiring carefully and look for broken insulation and exposed wire. If there is no wiring damage, test the oil pressure sender. If that's not it, do not run the bike until you get the problem rectified (my best guess at that point would be the oil pressure regulator, which can be problematic if the oil is significantly over-full or way too low).

Good Luck!
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

unplug the wire from the oil pressure switch which is on the right side of the engine, turn the key to on and ground the end of the wire, if the light comes on replace it.

Comment

Thanks I checked it out. I unscrewed it and cleaned it with electric cleaner. Now it is working fine Thanks for the help I just got back from a long ride

Comment

Dont forget to recheck your oil level.
            If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

I was just going to add that I lowsided last summer and my oil light also came on. my problem was that the cover had ground/bent against the screw, grounding it out.

but you got er fixed.....
              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X