X

couple questions?!?!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple questions?!?!?

First off where can a person buy a fuel filter? for an 04 600 kat... And second this is the first time i took my kat apart. And in the air box there is oil kinda all over in the bottom there was a small puddle of oil--- Is that normal?

I believe the fuel filter is #29. But you should call to be sure.

What kind of air filter do you have? Is it stock or do you have a KN air filter?

Comment

i just had mine apart tonight and it was wet inside of the air box with oil to, there is that breather tube that connects to the top of the valve cover thats were it is comming from, and there is a drain in the bottom of the air box for it to drain, if it is just wet and not a huge puddle of oil i think its normal, you would have to think if that hose is sucking air from the crank case its going to get some oil vapers that will build up in the air box.

You should be able to get a filter from the dealership

Comment

There are a couple of KR members here that actually sell OEM stuff at a good discount. Arsenic1016 and The CyberPoet just too name 2. Theres probably more.
        But if you want to get it elsewhere, I like partspitstop.com myself. The oil in the airbox is normal to an extent. As long as it's mostly residue and not really a puddle you should be cool. Check to see if the drain tube on the underside of the airbox is unobstructed.

Comment

Originally posted by benzo007 View Post
          There are a couple of KR members here that actually sell OEM stuff at a good discount. Arsenic1016 and The CyberPoet just too name 2. Theres probably more.
          I don't sell any new OEM stuff, CP does. I just sell used parts.

Comment

And I generally don't sell used parts, just the new maintenance and upgrade supplies (filters, spark plugs, etc). Details here:

Meanwhile:
            Fuel filter -- does not need replacement unless you tap it against the ground and rust falls out. The 98+ fuel filter is a wide-mesh (about 1mm square openings) and a flower-shaped magnet and isn't prone to clogging at all.

Oil in the airbox: there should be about a shot-glass worth every oil change -- drain your air box drain tube. If you've got significantly more than that, you have a problem, either fuel in your oil due to a stuck float bowl in the carbs, or very badly worn rings (or very rarely, someone forgot to put the separator plate back in the valve covers when they disassembled the little square on the top-center of the valve cover for no good reason).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the replys , i have stock air filter. And there isnt a whole lot of oil theres a bit less then a shot glass worth so i guess im on good deal
              Last edited by lefty321546; 01-07-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X