Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

sprocket size suggestions for kat w/ gsxr 750 engine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket size suggestions for kat w/ gsxr 750 engine?

i should be getting my motor delivered toward the end of this month, 1992 gsxr 750 engine. what sprocket set-up do ya'll recommend? i don't want to change too drastically in the rear since the motor should have alot of power anyways, but i'm going to need to replace the chain since the transmission mishap and figured i might as well replace the sprockets as well. i don't know anything about how much power up top or down low i'll have when i finish the swap though...

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Check to see what the stock sprocket set up with the gixxer is, and go with that.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

i'm thinking the stock sprocket size for that year gixxer is like 42 or something, or maybe i looked at it wrong. but that seems kinda low to me. i understand that the gixxer is a lighter bike. normally people go up in the rear to get more power, but i'd have to drop teeth in the rear to get to the stock gixxer set-up. i'm actually thinking that maybe the stock kat set-up would be ideal for a kat's weight and a gixxer's power, hopefully give good low end and top end (better than the kat in both categories hopefully). will there be a difference in the kind of chain i should use (520 vs 530, # of links, etc)?? i've searched through some posts of chain opinions, but none involved a different engine....

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

i'm thinking the stock sprocket size for that year gixxer is like 42 or something, or maybe i looked at it wrong. but that seems kinda low to me. i understand that the gixxer is a lighter bike. normally people go up in the rear to get more power, but i'd have to drop teeth in the rear to get to the stock gixxer set-up. i'm actually thinking that maybe the stock kat set-up would be ideal for a kat's weight and a gixxer's power, hopefully give good low end and top end (better than the kat in both categories hopefully). will there be a difference in the kind of chain i should use (520 vs 530, # of links, etc)?? i've searched through some posts of chain opinions, but none involved a different engine....

Comment

You might find that the Gixxer engine has other gear ratios (and possibly primary ratio), which changes everything... that could explain the big difference in it's stock sprocket ratio.
          - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
          X