X

750 Running Rich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 Running Rich

I can't get my 93 750 to idle. It has full V&H exhaust, Pods, Stage 3 DJ jet kit. Running the largest mains that came, bike makes good power just doesn't want to idle. It's running rich for sure. Air Screws were at 2 turns I moved them to 3 is that the wrong direction. Would hotter plugs help? Thanks

it's not idling because of the pods

Originally posted by bigmatthew46 View Post
    I can't get my 93 750 to idle. It has full V&H exhaust, Pods, Stage 3 DJ jet kit. Running the largest mains that came, bike makes good power just doesn't want to idle. It's running rich for sure. Air Screws were at 2 turns I moved them to 3 is that the wrong direction. Would hotter plugs help? Thanks
    yes thats the wrong dirction, but unless you're positive that it's rich, which it's not even a little bit, any more then 2 turns out would be really bad.
    Last edited by arsenic; 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, I knew that. What can I do to make it better. Or better yet which way on the Mixture screws lets in more air.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmatthew46 View Post
        Yes, I knew that. What can I do to make it better. Or better yet which way on the Mixture screws lets in more air.
        go back to the stock air box and stock air filter, get rid of the DJ stage 3. Get a Factory Pro stage 1, use the OEM filter. And set the pilot screws to 2.5 turns out.

Comment

You CAN make the pods work , but know that it WILL take a LOT of trial & error , or money/time for dyno runs . You ready for that ? If not , the stock airbox may make like MUCH easier .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i missed this thread, i don't really surf the mechanic's thread much more.

as chris said and md hard to do it. but you can get it to work.

try this...

mains 126 or 128
            needles on 3 to 4 clips down ( i think i settled on 3.5)
            floats at stock height
            pilot at like 2.5

that worked for me, was little lean on starting, had to use the choke, but it ran great.

the 144's will make the bike screem up in the rpm range, but you will always have the flooding out problem without more performance work.

as this should go without saying......make sure your carbs are in great condition. emulsion tubes was the last key to get my bike running right.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

float level

and 140's not 144's there too much leave the pods use 140 mains clips on 3 notch with washer under them pilots at 2.5 turns and reset the floats to 17mm this will lean out the lower end circuits and make it idle and if after all that its still running rich check the brass emulsion tubes for egging hell check them when you take the carbs off to change jets and check the floats
              Last edited by Sin; 01-01-2008, 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

You make it sound easy . I may have to throw my pods back in sometime just for the hell of it to see if I can get it to work .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X