X

Bike feels brand new again!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike feels brand new again!!!

man oh man does my bike feel 120% better. I just last night replaced my clutch discs and springs, and my chain and sprockets. Man is it a smoooooth running machine now. I only went up one tooth in the rear because I did have -1, +2 and i hated it. So I went with 15/46, from 14/47. the clutches made the most impact to me. Before with the old/sstock clutch, it would slip at full throttle as soon as it hit 9000ish rpms. Every gear. Now there is no slipping and pulls like it was new again!!! yeeeeehaw... Sorry Just babbling
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did it take you to do it? I'm glad to hear your happy with it...Did you put a performance clutch or regular stock new one?
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

sweet deal!
      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
        How long did it take you to do it? I'm glad to hear your happy with it...Did you put a performance clutch or regular stock new one?

Not long, what took so long was letting the new clutch discs soak for about 2 hours. With out the soaking time it took about 1 hr.....

Its just a reg. new one!
        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am not familiar with the whole operation....why do you need to soak the disks...and in what do you soak them in...I'm assuming oil but want to make sure...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
            I am not familiar with the whole operation....why do you need to soak the disks...and in what do you soak them in...I'm assuming oil but want to make sure...
            The new discs are cork based material, and soaking them sort of prepares them for the engine, (being a wet clutch). Soak them in fresh oil that you use in the bike. You have to drain the oil to change the clutches, so you should have new oil ready to go back in, so just use some of that in a pan...

Comment

Was the clutch slipping from wear or from running an improper oil in the bike?
              Still putting everything back together.

Comment

Cork based material...thats interesting...I would of thought some type of metal...but again like I said I'm not familiar with the whole clutch operation...that's good to know just incase I need to do it sometime in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by Chronos_Titan
                  Was the clutch slipping from wear or from running an improper oil in the bike?
                  It was slipping from "clutching" up wheelies back in the day, when I used to do that sort of thing. I had to replace the fork seals, and head bearings also, for the same reason!!!!

Wheelies are ROUGH on a kat......

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                    Cork based material...thats interesting...I would of thought some type of metal...but again like I said I'm not familiar with the whole clutch operation...that's good to know just incase I need to do it sometime in the future...
                    it is cork, but mostly metal. They are very hard, not soft like a cork..Maybe just enough cork to soak up some oil..

Comment

Working...
                    X