Kat v. Inazuma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat v. Inazuma

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

What do you guys reckon will cause problems if I decide to fit a post (2001) GSX750F engine into my current 1999 GSX750W Inazuma?

My engine is getting on now, but the rest of the bike is hanging on remarkably well. SOOOOO....

The Inazuma being relatively rare over here in the UK, and the Teapot much more common, (..... or should I say successful...?), it may be more practical to source a Kat lump. If I do, any clues on the problems I will face? As far as I can tell, the lump itself is identical, same valves, cams... The carbs are different as is the manifold. But presumably I can plug my current Inazuma carbs, manifold and wiring onto the replacement lump without a prob.

Can't see any major probs, but then again I am a numpty!

Thanks in advance,

PB
    Last edited by Frenchcropper; 12-21-2007, 08:19 PM.

Pardon my ignorance but what is an Inazuma? Is it like any model I would see in the US?

Comment

Inazuma, qu'est-ce que c'est?

Don't worry, you are not ignorant, they were a 750 and 1200 retro-ish version of the bandit 1998-2001 (I think). Wasn't popular as I think everyone was waiting for Suzuki to do a 750 Bandit!

Here it is:

I suspect that you will recognise it from that...

Comment

I know ignition advancers for the post 98 Kats are not compatible with the "Ws".
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

KS

Mr. KS,

Presumably you are talking aftermarket tinkering advancers.... right. As I see it the F will just slot in......

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchcropper View Post
            Mr. KS,

Presumably you are talking aftermarket tinkering advancers.... right. As I see it the F will just slot in......
            Correct, the after market ones. Non compatible.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
            X