X

Slip-on or full exhaust???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip-on or full exhaust???

I have an 05 750 Katana. I was wanting to know what the difference is in performance and sound between the slip on and the full system. I went to this site http://www.motodepot.com/street/exhaust/dd/sgso.html and found the slip on black for $229 (they were out of other color) and the full for $569. Is it worth the money for the full?

For the most part slip ons just make a different sound than stock. With a full system the exhaust system flows more gasses than the stock set up.
    So, you must rejet your carbs accordingly. And,
    perhaps use a higher flow air filter as well. By the way, just in case you're not aware of it, D&D's
    are EXTREMELY loud!
    I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

you can get a full Hindle exhaust from star cycle for about 630. I have Hindle slip on its nice.
      Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Thanks for the tip StraKat. I am looking for a loud pipe or full exhaust. I ride with my buddy who drives a Harley Davidson and he always makes fun of me for being so quiet. I want to blow his ear drums if possible. But, I don't want a sloppy sound. I will sacrifice dB's for a more clean sound.

Comment

Thanks again! I finally chose a scorpion. I ordered it today. Thanks for yours a everyone elses in this forums help

Comment

Good call on the scorpion, heard lots of good things about them. Let us know how you like it.
            I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

GREEEEAAT!

I love the scorpion pipe. It is loud and not obnoxious. I would recomend it to anybody who wants a great clean sound and definitely able to be heard. I will admit it is not as loud as the d&d, but it does come with a lifetime warranty and I only paid $275 shipped for the stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
                you can get a full Hindle exhaust from star cycle for about 630. I have Hindle slip on its nice.
                Somebody needs to tell them to take their link on the front page point at KP and repoint it at KR... illinoiskat, since you bought from them, it should probably be you

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X