X

'90 Carb vacuum hose question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '90 Carb vacuum hose question...

Just a quick question since I cant seem to find the answer in the Haynes manual and the Clymers I ordered isnt here yet.

On a '90 750F, does the vacuum fitting from carb #3 go to the vacuum fitting on the petcock?

Clarification: Carb #3 is defined as the 3rd card from the left if you were sitting on the bike normally.

I ask because the fitting is broken off of carb #3.

I just bought the 750 and Im going through it and troubleshooting a possible fuel delivery problem.
    • The bike would start, but it wouldnt stay lit unless you throttled it.
    • It also appeared the PO was running it from PRI to deliver fuel to the carbs.
    • It also had a pretty bad fuel leak from the lines so those have been replaced already.
    • Choke cable was perma stuck and wouldnt budge
    Here's what Ive done so far:
    • Replaced fuel lines
    • Disassembled and cleaned the petcock and replaced internal o-ring
    • Ordered new choke cable
    I havent cleaned the carbs yet since I want to get it to run consistently (even if rough) before I tear it down anymore. Anything else I should look for?

number 4 far right side
    I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin View Post
      number 4 far right side
      Use the fitting on the bowl cap for carb #4?

Isnt that the same carb that has the vent fitting (on the side) that goes to the fitting under the tank as well?

Comment

no its on the right hand side its a alum nipple molded into the carbs all the carbs have the nipple just number 4 is drilled thru to the inner throat to pick up vac

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

no its on the right hand side its a alum nipple molded into the carbs all the carbs have the nipple just number 4 is drilled thru to the inner throat to pick up vac
          Ok. So the fitting I referenced as a vent fitting on #4 is actually the vacuum fitting that needs to go to the petcock, correct? That means when I get the new bowl cap for #3, just block off the fitting on the cap?

Comment

yeah you got it the carb tops black plastic are the sync ports for synchronizing the carbs once its running its just a vacuum cap

Comment

yeah you got it the carb tops black plastic are the sync ports for synchronizing the carbs once its running its just a vacuum cap
              Excellent. Thanks.

So that leads me to another question then... what goes to the fitting under the tank (near center of tank)?

Comment

vent and drain for the gas cap in case you over fill it

Comment

Again... many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X