X

Pulled wire out of plug stalk (m)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled wire out of plug stalk (m)

OK - I'm changing my plugs and while pulling the stalk to get to the plug, I pulled the wire (from the coil) out of the plug stalk. It looked like I could just plug it back in. Am I wrong and do I need a new plug wire now?

I haven't started it up yet - I'm just trying to guess what to expect.

Also, I have a K&N filter (stock replacement). Am I going to run exceptionally lean if I remove the rubber restrictor donut (stock jetting as well)?

Thanks.
    '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
    PurpleonBlack

Im not sure about the kat but the wires on most bikes actually thread into the cap if you have extra wire you will want to cut about 1/4" to 1/2"off of it.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Thanks.

I pushed it in as far as it would go and it seemed secure.

I fired the bike up and she started right up and ran very well. I just took her around the block and haven't wrung her out yet. Everything felt fine. If problems develope in the future, I'll know right where to look.

Thanks.
      '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
      PurpleonBlack

Comment

Yeah , that happens . There's actually kinda a little thread in there to jam the wire onto . You'll be fine .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X