X

new(used) carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new(used) carbs

I just got another set of carbs for my 88 600. These are completly stock, so much so that the factory caps are still on the mixture adjustment screws.

What are my chances of going thru these and cleaning them, putting them on the bike and everything works good with out having to adjust the mixtures?

not good, they come from the factory lean, I drilled the caps off and set the pilot screws to 2.5 turns out before they ever hit the showroom.

Comment

It's not too hard to get them caps off . What takes the most time is getting the carbs off the bike . Just break out your trusty Dremel , drill until the hole in the plug (there's a TEENY hole there , you'll see ....) JUST starts to widen , then screw a wood screw in there and yank . May have to play to get JUST the right screw ( I like the wood screw , but self tapping sheet metal ones'll work , too) , but once you get that figured out , it's cake , TRUST me .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i'll give it a try. The carbs are on my bench so that's half the battle. It's winter here in MN so i got all the time in the world to work on them.

Comment

yeah if the carbs are already off the bike, it's a cake walk

Comment

don't forget to keep plenty of carb cleaner with you and some shop towels. fumes from the cleaner helped me sleep better
            Captain of Squad 11

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X