Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Higher octane with full exhaust system and Ivans jet kit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher octane with full exhaust system and Ivans jet kit?

I just installed a full D&D system and Ivans carb kit on my Kat 600, and it feels like a totally diffrent bike, I just put some 93 octane gas ( I normally put 89 octane) and the bike feels quicker, has anyone else experienced this?

It's all in your head , the gas ain't gonna make your bike any faster . But those mods sure might ! Stick with the cheap stuff !
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You may feel a difference -- not from the octane change, but from other changes in the formulation (such as from a better detergent package cleaning out build-up or from a change in brands of gas). Unless your engine has a wise-co (or other brand) installed displacement bump that increases your compression ratios, using a higher octane fuel actually nets you less power on a Katana, since higher octane fuels are inherently more stable (and instability gives a better bang). Some bikes, such as the newest generation of BMW's, have knock sensors & extremely high compression levels, and can actually use higher octane fuels to get more power out of the engine, but that's not the case in the stock Kat's case.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes and I have the proof on a dyno that 93 nets let horse power than 87 octane on a pre 98 750. I went from 94.8 hp to 97.6hp with just the change of fuel. Yes, it is true, a 3.2 hp gain.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
        X