X

Oil redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil redux

Alright, so I changed my oil (twice) and replaced my oil filter (after the little 10w30. 10w40 mixup (see previous post).

Here is the situation: Oil light comes on, but when the bike warms up, it shuts off. I'm not sure if this is the sensor (I hope) or something much worse. Any ideas?

Also, you know the two little tubes on the right hand side of the bike at the very bottom that kind of stick out near the rear break? Only one of them has a cap on it. Is this how it should be? I was just curious.

Thanks,
    crack

Dunno about your oil problem , but those hoses sound like they are as they should be . The one with the cap is the airbox breather deal , and need to be drained every once in a while , a clear one that's the battery vent tube , and there SHOULD be another one somewehre that's your gas tank vent/overflow hose .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

sweet, awesome

Comment

I'm still looking for help on the oil problem though *grin*

Comment

Re: Oil redux

Originally posted by Crackshot
          Here is the situation: Oil light comes on, but when the bike warms up, it shuts off. I'm not sure if this is the sensor (I hope) or something much worse. Any ideas?
          How long are we talking about the light staying on?

The oil light is a pressure switch. If the oil pressure isn't coming up to minimum values, the light is on. It should be off within five seconds of the bike firing on it's own and not on the starter. If it's significantly longer than that, it's time to dig into the oil pump, the pressure regulator and the switch itself to find out where the problem lies and correct it before you do massive damages to the other components due to lack of adequet oil pressure.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

about a minute or so. I'll take her to the 'ol shop to see whats wrong I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X