X

Lowering Links

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Links

not sure if this should be in here or the the other. i went to the dealer today about lowering links for the Kat cause i'm vertically challenged, and they couldn't find anything in their books. anyone know where i can get some, do they even make them? thanks. i also ordered my new helmet and rear tire today.

here's the helmet...the yellow one.

the tire is a Dunlop D205 150/70ZR17

any info on these products? let me know as well. thanks again people

www.vwvortex.com
    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

yeah they make them i have some on my bike that i got from ebay i have a 98 katana and its sitting sweet http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...541459280&rd=1

Comment

High Heel Shoes?????
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        High Heel Shoes?????
        only when i'm on the prowl.....

anyone have any comments on the stuff i'm looking to get? any comments...good or bad. thanks again

www.vwvortex.com
        I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.

Comment

will these work? i know it says it will, but i want to make sure from someone that knows what they are doing. sorry for all the links, i just want to make sure. or if anyone has these that they are looking to sell, let me know.

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

newb question, where exacly do these lowing links go? what is the good/bad with them durability/handling wise?

-Tyler

Comment

anyone

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

thats the exact lid my buddy has, he loves it, and for the price its hard to beat it.

cant say that i know that much about the tire you're looking at, personally, but I do like dunlop overall. Maybe since this thread is bumped we can get some more input on it for ya.

Comment

come on people. nobody has any comments on them? i didn't go pick them up today becasue of no feed back. some one has to know something.

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

OK, OK..........I just now found this thread! Besides, you gotta be PATIENT, I'm old AND hurt!

On your stuff:
                    HELMET
                    I don't care for any helmets besides Bell, Arai or Shoei. I figure you got one brain, spend as much as you can and get the best! I wouldn't personally have a helmet under $300..............
                    TIRE
                    Dunlops are very good all around tires, and the 205 and 208 are fine. There are better tires out there, but those are fine.
                    CHAIN
                    For 90% of riders, the 520 conversion is a waste of money. Spend it on something else. I've heard all the arguments about sprung and unsprung weight and such..........still, unless you are racing you are pissing money away on this. Better places to spend it on with a Kat!
                    CREESE
                    ONLY WAY TO GO! I buy them from him 5-8 at a time! (I'd be glad to sell you one for $20)
                    LEVERS
                    I can get those for you too! Cheaper than that auction on eBay!

OTHER IDEAS:
                    Got an exhaust system on it yet? Go full system. Vance & Hines is a good middle of the road choice for sound and performance. $410-425

Jet Kit? A must if you go w/ full system exhaust! $100-110

K&N air filter: Another EXCELLENT upgrade! $67

These 3 (above) work as a unit to increase HP AND (I think) throttle responsiveness.

You can also then add an Ignition Advancer ($42) to step up the timing a few degrees. This adds a little spice to the above package!

FOR REFERENCE:
                    PM Dingbat and ask him how the difference was when I did this to his bike..........

Good Luck, and PM me if I can help you get those parts!
                    I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                    Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                    Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I sent a pair or two of stock links to someone in CALI (bearkat?) so his bud could make some lowering links for Katanas.

PM him and ask............it was months ago on another site!

ALSO: I've lowered LOTS of Katanas lately for gals that are 5-2 to 5-4.............here's what I do:

Lower the front end by 20mm by raising the forks up in the trees. You can easily do this ONE FORK AT A TIME without any special lifting devices. Simply PULL the fork up once you loosen it in the top and bottom trees, (remember, they move-DOH!). Tighten the first one up, then do the 2nd! ONLY go 20mm so you don't adversly affect the handling. This WILL affect it , but only slightly and I defy anyone to feel this on a Kat!

Next, using your spanner wrench from your factory supplied tool kit, turn the shock to position number 1 (refer to manual) or, just look under your bike at your rear shock. See thenumbers by the small rectangular holes? Shift it to 1. Stock setting is 4. Its tough to do, so use your LEG, not your arm!

The above will successfully lower your bike to where you should be comfortable and fairly flat-footed at a stop.

NEVER USE A LOWERING KIT! This device simply COMPRESSES your shock and forks, thereby REMOVING the available action. Besides, this device is simply a strap, and they are prone to BREAKING!

What I mentioned above reduces or limits the available action, not removes it!

Hope that helps! 8)
                      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?

Comment

thanks man.

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

Special K rocks!!!

Comment

DJ, I think I have a spanner wrench laying around somewhere. If I can find it, I'll send it to you so you can use it.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              DJ, I think I have a spanner wrench laying around somewhere. If I can find it, I'll send it to you so you can use it.
                              i'm not sure if i'm going to go that route. i'm not comfortable doing that myself. i think i'll ask the dealership what they want to lower it. i would feel safer if they did it. you know what i mean?

www.vwvortex.com

Comment

Working...
                              X