X

cruse controll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruse controll

I was wondering if there is any way to put cruse controll on a sport bike. I had it on my maxim it was just a little flip down thing but it worked great and I was going to install it on the ninja but I would have to cut the inside of my new grips off for it to fit. I was thinking of the type they have on harleys with the little screw that you turn in. A friend told me to wrap a small bungee in between the grip and the whatever you call it but that sounds a little to redneck for my taste. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this??
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

my uncle has the screw thing on his old BMW.

You just put a screw in the grip so when you tighten it, it contacts the bar and prevents it from rotating as easily. I'm not sure if it came stock but it looked nice and worked great.

I think the only thing you would need to make sure of is that the grip itself is thick enough to support a screw in it.

Comment

You have the Throttlemeister, and then I saw this thread on Max-Zuki about using a huge O-ring...
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Those throttlemeisters are kinda spendy. $120 or $137 us!!!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

$20 for a Vista-Cruise. Had it now for 6 years. No problems at all. You can see the unit and thumb lock in this pic. It just fits between the grip and housing.

Bike is sold

Comment

Vista Cruise is the way to go
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

How much room do you need between the grip and the housing? I installed heated grips and there is no way I'm able to get the grips off or move them. Can I install the Vista Cruise without removing the grips?

Thanks!

Comment

I have the throttlemeister... I'll go back to the vista cruise when I swap bikes, as I don't really "love" the throttlemeisters and thus they're not worth the difference in cost. My biggest gripe on the Throttlemeister is having to reset the thickness of the shims each time I take off the bar-end weights for any reason (they never seem to end up in exactly the same spot each time).

Q: Speedee, which model Vista did you use? I tried one at one point and it wasn't sized right for our uses.

Finally, there's a much more expensive option ($600?) available too, that actually places a cruise-control computer in to the bike out of an outfit in Australia; the unit takes the RPM signal, the speed signal, the clutch & brake light sense and the carb butterfly position and keep the bike at a solid speed (as verses to a solid RPM level). It has soft-touch controls like a car (coast/accelerate/set) and kicks off automatically if you pull in the clutch, activate the brakes, etc.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That is a nice lookin kat... where'd you get the seat cover?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    Q: Spedee, which model Vista did you use? I tried one at one point and it wasn't sized right for our uses.
                    Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    It's just the double throttle type.
                    Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
                      Stock seat.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by TemtnF8
                        if you were tlaking about that big red hump on his seat...its from www.braada.com
                        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Working...
                        X