X

k&n filter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k&n filter

i got a 98 katana with full exhaust , factory jet kit and just bought a k&n air filter so what do i need to do or adjust when putting the filter in

You dont need a kn air filter, unless you go full exhaust and a stage 3 jet kit. I would get a jet kit for your bike and maybe an aftermarker slip on. A jet kit will run you about 110 to 130. A slip on exhaust is about 300. I am sure you will get more responses.
    Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Re: k&n filter

Originally posted by 93katana
      i got a 98 katana with full exhaust , factory jet kit and just bought a k&n air filter so what do i need to do or adjust when putting the filter in

Depends..............What full exaust are you running? Stock or aftermarket?
      And just to clarify, you mean Factory Pro brand aftermarket jet kit?
      ANd the K&N.........SU7592?

GO by the directions with the jet kit......they include that set up as an example. If you've already installed the jet kit, you may want to try and adjust your air fule mix screws 1/2 turn out when you and the K&N.....but again, that depends on what setting you were at before!
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

my bad, I thought he had stock exhaust

Comment

yea i have a d&d full exhaust with the factory brandstage 1 jet kit, but the directions that came with the jet kit really dont tell me nothing

Comment

Have you installed the jet kit yet? If not the above will tell you how to tune.

To see how to put it in look below. I used these to put it in my jet kit. I am not sure what main jets you should start with. I think with a full system you should run 120's on a 750 kat. Some else will problably clairfy this. Dont forget to synchronize your carbs when you are done.

Comment

Thanks for the links, thought they will come in really handy as I'm about to do the same to my Kat, only I've orderd Ivans jet kit.

Tokalosh

Comment

Working...
              X