X

What kind of MPG can I expect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of MPG can I expect?

I'll try again at posting (posted in the wrong place earlier,Sorry). I just got a 03 Kat600 on trade that is bone stock. What kind on milage should I expect? I know alot depends on riding style, weight, etc.. I just want to know a good base line to go from.

Also, where you are located... Cyber gave a great explanation of gas mileage some time ago. I had a pre-98 stock 600 last season, weigh 190 lbs and depending on how fuelish I was being, I'd get anywhere from 35 to 50+ mpg.

But, given that the post-98's have substantially less HP than the pre's (bracing myself for the flaming I'm going to get for that little dig), you should probably be getting a baseline around 40+.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
      the post-98's have substantially less HP than the pre's.
      u wish hah

Comment

I average 47-48 MPG.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

05 750
          38 city
          50 highway

Comment

Jim is right on with the HP thing. Pre 98 750 have more HP, but the 600 is virtually the same engine, same bore same stroke.

Comment

I average 46mpg but if I take it easy I've gotten as much at 60

2002 Katana 600
              1999 Ford F150

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M View Post
                I average 46mpg but if I take it easy I've gotten as much at 60
                I am thinking about trying that too. I do not take it easy and get that 48mpg still so I have always wondered, hmmm, if I take it easy, what can this Kat do?
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I am getting around 46 right now on the winter blended fuel, during the summer I usually see closer to 50, and have seen as much as 63. 01 600, stock for the most part.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Same here right around 45mpg
                    "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

during my work commute, 2-lane highways/country back roads I get roughly 45-49 mpg. I'm pretty conservative on my commute, rpms don't go to high. But if I go to check on my rental, which is 45 miles away down a 4 lane superslab, it usually drops to about 40mpg. Interstate 80 tends to be about 80+ mph in the fast lane. I think thats what drops my mpg down.
                      2001 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                      X