X

bike broke again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike broke again

ok here is what happend, ive been having a prob with my bike lately and the clutch, its the adjustment screw on the Crank Case Cover that pushes the rod in to the tranny a certain amount to engage the clutch, well i thought i fixed it with my 9 dollar screw, so i take it out for a ride and it was fine, then i take it to my dads house, i down shift and as i let out the clutch i hear a lout clank/snap noise, i havnt had time to rip the thing apart but i have no clue what i could be??? anyone know? i thought it might be the tranny but now that i think about it its def nto it, i think i could have snapped the clutch cable or maybe that rod? idonno it still rolls and goes in to gear so i have no clue let me know what you think

thanks

if we cant figure it out by say thurs or friday, its going to the dealership

if you totally snapped the clutch cable, you'd know it since pulling in the clutch would do nothing at all. Had it happen to me while on a ride not far from home fortunately.

Comment

Yeah , gonna have to give us more to work with or just tear into stuff . If it was working fine before you started tinkering , then it was probably something to do with whatever it is you mess with , in my experience . Clank snap though does sound like a broken cable ... Was it the "worm gear" you were messing with ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

it was the worm gear, it wsa actully that bolt u use to adjust it

Comment

Well , I guess you'll just have to tear into it and see . At least you have some idea of what you're doing !
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i know how to fix it right now i just wont have a bike to ride for the summer if i take it to the junk yard

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
              i know how to fix it right now i just wont have a bike to ride for the summer if i take it to the junk yard
              bring it down here and we (more you than me) can work on it in my garage.

www.vwvortex.com
              I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
              Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

gixer has been awesome hes gonna send me some clut plates so i can do my clutch, i might load her up this weekend if your not busy and take a ride over and we can work on it saturday or sunday whatever you want ill give ya a call this week bout it

Comment

Working...
                X