X

I hate mice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate mice

I took the slip on off of my bike today to clean it up and it appears that the many mice that live in my shed have filled my exhaust with the kibbles n bits that my dog didn't eat. I emptied the muffler, I am going to pull of the mid pipe and empty that too. At that point will it be ok to start the bike a "blow" the rest out of the collector? I really don't want to have to pull the header off if I don't have to.

Where else should I check before I start it up? I will be checking the air filter. I want to torture them.

Any thoughts? It's ok to laugh.
    1995 Katana 750 for sale in Bikes for sale section.

first off, no one on here should be laughing, we are here to help and support everyone.....and what flavor of kibble and bits?

www.vwvortex.com
    I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
    Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

you such a jack@$$ dj lol

Comment

i wouldn't start the bike until you check the air filter. as long as that's ok, start 'er up and blow 'er out.

Comment

and word the wise.. if the bike is going to stay in the shed for any length of time without being ridden, take some fabric or other substance and close up the holes in the end of the exhaust. Just dont forget to remove it before you start the bike !!

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
            you such a jack@$$ dj lol
            oh yeah, what help did you provide? hmmmmm?

www.vwvortex.com
            I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
            Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Re: I hate mice

Originally posted by djturnz
              I took the slip on off of my bike today to clean it up and it appears that the many mice that live in my shed have filled my exhaust with the kibbles n bits that my dog didn't eat. I emptied the muffler, I am going to pull of the mid pipe and empty that too. At that point will it be ok to start the bike a "blow" the rest out of the collector? I really don't want to have to pull the header off if I don't have to.

Where else should I check before I start it up? I will be checking the air filter. I want to torture them.

Any thoughts? It's ok to laugh.
              If the bike was parked that long, you will want to drain all the old fuel, replace it with new fuel, yank the spark plugs and put a tablespoon of oil into each cylinder, and turn the engine over by hand a couple dozen times (with the plugs out). The last thing you want is crank over an engine that is dry as a bone dry, has old fuel and no oil protection.
              Then prime the carb bowls and proceed to start her... hope no flaming bits of kibbles go flying out at the flammable contents of your shed...

PS - you might also want to look at the wiring loom to make sure they didn't try to eat the insulation anywhere (or chew it off to make soft linings for their nests).

Good Luck and keep us posted!
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You might invent a new delicay smoked kibble and bits. I would get a roto rooter kit and see if ther is more kibbles and bits in the header. Actually, I dont know what I would do. Maybe rip it apart or maybe try to start. I would only try to start if I could not see any at the tip of the 4 into 1.
                Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Actually, thinking about it, it's fairly easy to take headers off -- take 'em off and clean them out -- garden hose will work as long as you're going to start the bike soon afterwards to dry them out again (heat).

Cheers
                  =-= The ChyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by illinoiskat
                    You might invent a new delicay smoked kibble and bits. I would get a roto rooter kit and see if ther is more kibbles and bits in the header. Actually, I dont know what I would do. Maybe rip it apart or maybe try to start. I would only try to start if I could not see any kibbles and bits at the tip of the 4 into 1.
                    Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Working...
                    X