slip on for 03 kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip on for 03 kat?

hey guys,

i noticed that the muffler on the stock kat is welded so i was wondering if they even make some sort of slip on and if so where or if anyone has done this installation.

any help would be great
    thanks

I got mine from www.indysuperbikes.com
    Only took about 10 minuts to install, ony had to remove 2 bolts and put them back on.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

The Muffler is welded to the mid-pipe. From there, there is a clamp that attaches it to the header. When you order a slip on, the ship you a new mid-pipe and header (uaully in 2 peices), that then clamp together.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

ok and now when i search for a pipe they never have katana listed is the 600f the same?
        i have an 03 kat 600 so what would the store description be?

Comment

you can get most slip ons for kats,..but some sites dont list it.

speedwerks can hook you up w/ a great slip on, pretty much whatever you want. Hindle, yosh, D&D ...

Comment

Originally posted by SnatchBox
            ok and now when i search for a pipe they never have katana listed is the 600f the same?
            i have an 03 kat 600 so what would the store description be?
            The 98 - 03 Katana 600 (GSX600F) share the same basic exhaust sizing requirements, so any of those years will fit as long as you have a 49-state model (the California models have catalytic converters and thus may have special plumbing associated with it).

Keith (SpecialK) and SpeedWerks both can get you exhausts at very reasonable prices matched to your bike. I think Keith actually has the lower prices on this particular line of items, but I'm not sure.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

A 98-05 750 Slip on will fit as well.

Comment

Working...
              X