Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Should Needle Valve fit snug in emulsion tube?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Needle Valve fit snug in emulsion tube?

All, trying to figure out if the needle should be able to flop around in the emulsion tube like mine does with the slide down? I think I may need to move the clip and seat the needle deeper???
    Also, does anyone have a measurement for the inside diameter of the hole in the emulsion tube so I can check mine....?

Make sense?

THanks in advance
    Josh
    1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
    1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

The needle should have some play in it so it can slide freely, but not be excessively loose. Remember, the deeper in the hole, the leaner you are going to be.

Comment

Makes sense. So youre saying the real fix is to replace the emulsion tube if its worn but a band aid could be lowering the needle? The tube opening does not look egg shaped but it looks thin to me.

Ill try to raise float height 1mm in addition to moving the clip one notch up to lower the needle and see where im at.

THanks!
      1993 Kat 600 - (Parts bike)
      1994 Kat 600 - Jardine full exhaust, Factory Pro Jet Kit, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Fender CHOPPED, repainted plastics and tank

Comment

Emulsion tubes need to be round (not egg-shaped), but normally the needle itself will wear before the tube does (look about 1mm from the tip of the needle for notching, squaring off). Emulsion tubes normally only go out-of-round after a lot of miles, or ham-fisted cleaning attempts without diassembly first.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by jdumont
          So youre saying the real fix is to replace the emulsion tube if its worn but a band aid could be lowering the needle?
          Well , you CAN jet around worn parts , but it's fun (read:time consuming and a big PITA ) . I'd START here ....

changing needle height is but one aspect , and you may need to change jets and pilot screw settings as well . Been there , done that .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X