X

weird noise????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird noise????

Ok among the few noises my engine makes. One is a loud hollow vibration that ONLY happesn when rpm is coming down.Starts at 3700rpm and stops at 2800rpm , but it only starts after bike is completely warmed up (15min constant ride).i took to dealer and with only listening to it and notthing more (or i would get charged $40) he said its not common yet not uncommon, but not hurting engine. Ok fine but i intend on paying them to look at it.

The main noise now im getting(my brother says) is vavle float.He's had 4 SS bikes in the last 14years and he says all his bikes made some kind of noises and it drove him crazy.

Its a very lightweight tinking sound. Happens at idle and below 2500rpm. Its not a constant sound. When idling...it will tink for a few seconds and go away. Then come back.Sometimes tinking for like 8seconds. Very random. I noticed this sound alittle before i put my exhaust on. Afterwards it got frequent. Now after i rejetted its the most frequent its ever been.

Now i know you all can only speculate without hearing for yourselves, but do Kat's tend to make alot of noise after break-in? I've got 6200miles. Maintenance has been kept up.

I rode next to a 750kat about 6months ago and noticed, honestly , it sounded like shit. Rattles. Engine noise nothing that my bike is doing now but still makes me wonder. My bike still runs great, alittle rough still on idle at 1350rpm hot.
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Re: weird noise????

Its a very lightweight tinking sound. Happens at idle and below 2500rpm. Its not a constant sound. When idling...it will tink for a few seconds and go away. Then come back.Sometimes tinking for like 8seconds. Very random. I noticed this sound alittle before i put my exhaust on. Afterwards it got frequent. Now after i rejetted its the most frequent its ever been.

I got the same one ... dealer didnt know what it was cuz it went away as soon as I got there
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

hmm well its been like this for 2 weeks...and the sound started around 3500miles and im at 6200 so i doubt it will go away.
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who is a cousin to some other guy who had weird sounds coming from his bike when he got over 60mph. Come to found out a squirrel built a nest in his airbox during the winter and he would start squawking at 60 because that is when his nuts would start to fly out.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Re: weird noise????

Originally posted by Badkitty
          Ok among the few noises my engine makes. One is a loud hollow vibration that ONLY happesn when rpm is coming down.Starts at 3700rpm and stops at 2800rpm , but it only starts after bike is completely warmed up (15min constant ride).i took to dealer and with only listening to it and notthing more (or i would get charged $40) he said its not common yet not uncommon, but not hurting engine. Ok fine but i intend on paying them to look at it.
          My best edumakated guess:
          If it only happens as the RPM's fall, it's probably that the fuel-air mix is a little lean (I'd guess probably due to a bit of dried fuel residue in the idle circuit; running some fuel system cleaner -- about 1/3rd of a bottle of Techron per tank should clean it back out).

Originally posted by Badkitty
          If it happens consistently under 2500 RPM when hot, it's probably a valve out of adjustment. If it happened hot and cold, there could other answer that come to mind, including plugs that are starting to foul with carbon or sulfated ash... Pull your plugs and check their condition.

Q: Did you have the 600 mile service done on the bike, and what did the shop charge you? I ask because a lot of shops are skip on the 600 mile valve adjustment, and suzuki reported that typically one-in-twenty of the valves coming off their production line is out of spec by the 600 mile service (thus, for a typical bike, one valve will need adjustment by the 600 mile mark).

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X