X

service on my kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service on my kat

so i took my kat in for the 600 mile service, and they told me to bring it back whenever i hit 2500 miles. does that sound right??

Sounds fantastic if your a dealer (stealer) that wants to rake in all the money possible from a customer.

Comment

For what?
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

thats what i asked them and they said because these type of bikes take "abuse" from riders cause we ride them hard, its good to stay "ahead of the game"....i also thought it was a lot of BS.

Comment

there is no 2500 mile service increment. The service intervals are:
          initial 600 mile service
          your supposed to adjust and lube your chain every 600.
          you have to clean your air filter every 2000
          every 4000 or 12 months is a big service
          every 7500 or 24 months you need to replace your air filter and plugs.
          there's some recommended stuff every 2 and 4 years too.
          2500 miles - negative, your dealer is trying to get all the money they can out of you.

Comment

3500 miles is the target mileage for your oil change. Doing it a bit early isn't a bad idea, esp during the break-in -- but it's something even the least competent home-mechanic can do on his own, as long as he either can read a torque wrench or has a fumoto valve to insert in place of the stock drain bolt (highly recommended, about $25, www.fumotovalve.com, type F111 for the Kats).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X