No announcement yet.
X

Oil light stays on after lowside????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few of the covers you need for a 97-, but not sure if they will fit the 98+ kats. If it will you can have one for whatever shipping is.
    If Knowledge is Power, There are a lot of very weak people out there!!!

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

Never mind the shipping you are in Southern KY too. Where ya at and we will meet up and I will give it to you. Always looking for a good excuse to ride.

'97 TLS It's the "WILD, HAIRY-ARSED, NUN-RAPING VIKING PSYCHOPATH!" with M4 complete exhaust, PCII, -1front +2 rear, airbox mod, R motor with pairvalve mod, temp sensor relocation mod, and oil cooler mod

Comment

This is why I like this place. Riders just looking to help out others.
        And excuses to ride.

Like Court93Kat saqid it's nice to be able to tap the resourses here. I know every problem that I've had has been resolved by someone's input here.

Originally posted by SlytlyDeranged
        Never mind the shipping you are in Southern KY too. Where ya at and we will meet up and I will give it to you. Always looking for a good excuse to ride.
        92 Katana 600 Project bike
        Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Hey that sounds good man. Im not really sure if the 97- covers are the same, maybe someone here can help us out again!! Never mind the cover, if I get it from you thats cool. But we dont have to have the cover as a excuse to meet up and ride sometime.
          woohoo another katrider.com person in the sticks of KY!!!
          The cover would just be a bonus !!!

Todd
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry man I meant to tell you I live close to Bowling Green!!
            Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by floxera
              What happened? did you get her fixed?
              Yes I get er fixed thanks to you and the other fine people on this board!!

I took tha cover off and you could see the indenture of the screw in the backside of the cover. So I took a broken broom handle and used the rounded end and "massged" the cover back out enough to give the screw space. Buttoned it back up and wala no oil light, no leaks!!! I am going to get a new cover but I figured why not try and fix it so I can ride, I need a new one anyways. So I beat it with the broom end and if I broke it oh well get a new one. Aleast I now know what the problem was.

If it wasnt for you guys I seriously dont know what I wouldve done. It definately wouldnt be fixed right now thats for sure.....Sorry so long!

Thanks ALOT!

Todd

Comment

I live in Somerset, But I am working in Etown. I am actually getting ready to leave here in the next 15 minutes or so to meet highsight2020 in bowling green at denny's off exit 22 to get some parts from him. If I can get time to go home today, I will get you the cover and get it to you tonight if I can.

Comment

Cool glad to hear you got it fixed. That front/right crankcase cover is compatible with pre98 and 98+ Kat 600 and 750. The only difference is pre98s are painted black and 98+s are painted silver. I would get a new gasket also.
                  '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

If you can live with a black one its yours. Shouldnt be too hard to paint it silver to match the bike.

Comment

I know right where your gonna be. I work at western kentucky university, and live just north of BG, near Smiths Grove. I wouldnt be able to meet until like 6:00pm. So if that wont work we will figure out some other time and meet halfway somewheres.... But I appreciate the effort and gesture. Let me know whats up!!!!!
                      Thanks
                      Todd

Comment

Actually, I may be able to get it ot you monday, My best friends nephew is a freshman there at WKU. If he cn get home this weekend, and I can get home this weekend, I can send it back with him. If not I will get it and bring it back to work with me the next day i can get home, and then we can meet up somewhere to get it to you. No problem on the effort man, I know what its like to need one piece to be up and running, seem slike my bike was like that forever. Now it is running, but needs lots of parts to get it finished, and looking like im doing an engine swap again

Comment

Actually, I may be able to get it ot you monday, My best friends nephew is a freshman there at WKU. If he cn get home this weekend, and I can get home this weekend, I can send it back with him. If not I will get it and bring it back to work with me the next day i can get home, and then we can meet up somewhere to get it to you. No problem on the effort man, I know what its like to need one piece to be up and running, seem slike my bike was like that forever. Now it is running, but needs lots of parts to get it finished, and looking like im doing an engine swap again
                          Sounds like a plan to me. Just let me know.
                          Thanks again!

Comment

No problem man. We may have to find a nice twistie road to go ride on after we get the cover on your bike. I figure 50-80 miles should be a good test run to make sure it "fits" well LOL

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where the sensor is. I found a sensor behind the sprocket cover/behind the sprocket. I dont know if thats it but it was connected and looked to be some kind of pickup. Cause it had 3 "brass" pickups on it, with a shaft against it. Idunno.

Thanks though! Anyone else?

Todd

If you need a brand new cover and gasket, I carry those too!
                              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKat
                                Originally posted by floxera
                                The bottom srew is the oil pressure sensor. Its behind the front rightside crankcase cover.
                                Someone did the FREE 5* mod... Nice job!!!
                                The what mod?
                                "Of what is significant in one's own existence one is hardly aware, and it certainly should not bother the other fellow. What does a fish know about the water in which he swims all his life?" -- Einstein

sadrik
                                00 Blue VFR800, '99 Blue Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                                X