No announcement yet.
X

Desperate need of help-Electrical

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you got spark again, it would imply that there is dirt or corrosion in a contact that you disassembled and reassembled, or a loose contact (the Germans have a specific word for that: Wackelkontakt). As long as you still have it partially disassembled, get some electronics cleaner from the hardware store or radio shack, spray out all the pin connectors, and then once truly clean smear dielectric grease in them liberally. This will keep it from forming problems in the future...

(Thought to self: what if all this was simply the fact that the sidestand was down and the bike was in gear, or the clutch sensor switch connector was a Wackelkontakt?)

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

when i had battery issues, i found that my battery would hold a charge of 12V then id try to start it and it would turn over but at a slow rate, charged thebattery and the spark was back. im not stating that this is your issue, but i ould check the sparkplug wires and the battery. ive jumped my bike off a car battery (not started) and it started up fine. the issue was the battery. im just putting my 2 cents in. ( more like a paceo)
      ------------------------------------------------------
      Lean in Lean out.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
      2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
      2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
      2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X