seeking 4to1 exhaust for a 93 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking 4to1 exhaust for a 93 Katana

All I have been able to find for this bike online is a vance hines:

Which is what I have on the bike right now. There's nothing wrong with this exhaust system, but it's aged, and it's time for a new one. I'm thinking about buying a new identical one, but was curious to know what else is out there. I haven't been able to find anything.

Does anyone know what 4to1 performace exhausts systems will fit a 93 Kat 600?

Thanks!

you can use the hindle system for 98+ with some mod to the under pipe.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Has anyone heard the difference between the V&H's supersport vs. the ss2-R?

Which one sounds better and which one is louder (I want as quite as exhaust as possible, besides stock of course)?

Comment

cages cause over 70% of biker accidents

My vance hines supersport is super loud (one of the loudest I've ever heard). At first I didn't like it (the excessive noise) when I bought the bike, but then I realized how much safer I was.

More that a few times has a pedestrian thought twice about stepping on the road in front of me!! They turn around and look at what's coming and I'm over 100 feet back. (I of course stop at crosswalks)

Being heard is safer than being seen in some instances.

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
          you can use the hindle system for 98+ with some mod to the under pipe.
          What kind of modding?

Just fitting different diameter pipes or crazyass pipe bending?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            Has anyone heard the difference between the V&H's supersport vs. the ss2-R?

Which one sounds better and which one is louder (I want as quite as exhaust as possible, besides stock of course)?
            i have heard and owned both the SS has a very tinny high pitched sound the SS2R has a more mellow tone you can hear the SS2R on V&H's web page

in my opinion the SS2R sounds better looks better and performs better the differences between the two SS black pipes small straight thru can and pretty loud also the SS2R nickle plated pipes large oval can triple chamber baffle mellow sound not to loud not to quiet it's loud when it is supposed to be

direct from the V&H site:

SS2R

A sport bike system without sacrifice. Power, torque and great sound. Our unique oval design allows the increased area for a triple-chambered baffling system that cancels noise waves yet permits high-velocity power pulses. The oval design also offers increased cornering clearance for a high volume exhaust system. And, each SS2-R is designed specifically for each motorcycle model. No "one-size-fits-all" mentality. One-of-a-kind styling, unmatched fit and finish, arm-stretching power... Vance & Hines signature billet-machined aluminum end cap finished off the look.
            Includes all the necessary mounting hardware.

SUPERSPORT

The economically priced Vance & Hines Supersport Systems exhibit the kind of muscle that can only come from intense competition. Now equipped with our Qui-Tech I baffle design, the Supersport Performance Exhaust Systems are quieter than the race systems, yet maintain the legendary performance Vance & Hines is famous for. Check out the features and you'll see exactly what we mean by "The Measure of Performance."
            Includes all the necessary mounting hardware.

Comment

Wow, exactly what I was looking for!

Does anybody have an SS2r laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                Wow, exactly what I was looking for!

Does anybody have an SS2r laying around?

www.pipecity.com does i think atleast they seem to sell all of the stock rather quickly last year everyone was out of them i had to wait till this year to order one myself but i believe there is a memeber speacial K on here that has parts or connections to them not sure if he is back up and around yet i think he was hurt or sick from what i read on here

Comment

D&D has full systems for the pre's also, but they are way loud. The ss2r is way superior. As far as the mods go, the easiest thing to do is buy a 98+ oil pan. It's a direct bolt on and then you can use any 98+ system.

Comment

Working...
                  X