X

air fuel mix ?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air fuel mix ?????

where is the air/fuel mix on a 93 KAT. i want to put a little more on the gas side
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Lean in Lean out.
    1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
    2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
    2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
    2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what you mean but the carbs control the air/fuel ratio. If you want more fuel I think you have to re-jet the carbs.
    '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
    PurpleonBlack

Comment

there should be four mixture screws on the bottom of the carbs. If you cant see them they are still covered by the plugs. if they are still pluged you have to pull the carbs out and use a small drill to drill thrue them but dont push too hardthe screws are brass and you domt want to screw them up. after drilling all of them you need to thread a screw into them and pull them out.
      PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
      The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Fuel-air mix in the carbs is controlled by different parts for different RPM's. The pilot screws that Lou mentioned control the baseline fuel level (i.e. - idle circuit, plus the minor amount it provides across the rest of the RPM range). The main jets provide another amount, the needles' taper yet another amount.

If you just need to raise the fuel mix at idle, increase the number of turns at the pilot screws by 1/4 to 1/2 turn (test afterwards for effect). If you need to change the mix across the board, get a proper jetkit and install it, or at least shim the stock needle with an extra washer.

Good Luck!
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wow cyberpoet when u get on the post everything is answere short and to the point, jet kit is is, i was tying to do the poor mans jet kit, air fuel mix, but ill take your advice and do it the right way.
          Lean in Lean out.
          1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
          2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
          2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
          2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by xbubbax
            wow cyberpoet when u get on the post everything is answere short and to the point, jet kit is is, i was tying to do the poor mans jet kit, air fuel mix, but ill take your advice and do it the right way.
            I am not sure about short and to the point
            But Cyber does answer it

Hey Marc
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Poor man's jet kit involves gettinmg to the pilots and turnijng them out a bit , shimming the needles with washers (since the stock ones aren't adjustable) , and new jets for SERIOUS alterations . It CAN be done , but the needles that come with jet kits are cut just so (part of the high price of the kits) .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just changing the main jets is a great difference also
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Oh, and if it's available for your year/model, I recommend Ivan's Performance Products Stage 1 JetKit... It beats K&N/DynoJet's kits hands-down.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    Oh, and if it's available for your year/model, I recommend Ivan's Performance Products Stage 1 JetKit... It beats K&N/DynoJet's kits hands-down.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    +1. ivan puts a great deal of r&d into his kits. their not available for every bike due to the effort he puts into them, but if you can get them for your bike they are the way to go.
                    '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Working...
                    X